2012 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
So good so far
By dwightex on 06/15/14 15:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Have had my 2012 Base XF with 5.0 Liter V8 for about 4 months. Getting about 18 MPG. I did get 29 MPG on a 200 mile trip. Acceleration is terrific, near the 5.2 or 5.4 0-60 mph claim. I put 18" wheels and Conti tires because of all of the potholes on Rt 95. I prefer the ride now. the nav isn't all that great, but it does work. Radio is mediocre. But I bought the car to drive, to shift, to accelerate and to make turns that are amazing for a daily driver. this is better than my Volvo S60R. This is a real grown up car. Much better than BMW, I think. Beautiful, graceful, fast, fun. Very reliable so far. This car will become more popular. All of my friends love it. And I love it.

Brain dead screen control
By i_control on 12/08/12 17:38 PM (PST)

2012 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The navigation,audio control is much worst than fussy. Some British engr. must work real hard to make this hard to use. e.g.AM/FM change takes 3 buttons push. You need to select "audio" menu ,small"+" sign. Most radio can do it in one push. "zoom in"/"zoom out" need bar pop up in 1/3 of screen. Block some map. select + or -, than remove the bar. Most GPS simply put 2 small button on corner of map. Volume control will blank screen show a level change for about 4 seconds. All other information will not be visible during this time.

A different breed for sure
By adityab on 04/22/12 18:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

A bit of background to help frame my take on the XF: Nearly everything I've driven in the past has had two doors, and performance has always been paramount (past cars include an S2000 and a 328i). The XF is clearly a departure. It's large, plush, and gadget laden. Still, the car certainly satisfies my need for speed. It strikes a solid balance between the ability to carve canyons and coddle. I've been a die-hard BMW fan for years, and the decision to throw my hat into Jaguar's ring was the product of considerable research and multiple test-drives against the 528i (similar lease rate). The 5 is a fine car, but the Jag is more car (and more muscle) for the money.

My second XF
By cbrandi on 02/27/12 10:39 AM (PST)

2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Traded my 2009 for a 2012, loved my Jag and never a single problem so when I saw the '12 I just had to have it. Opted for the Portfolio edition, love the interior it is so far above anything else in this price range as to have no competition. The new seats are even more comfortable, cooled as well as heated, so no more sweaty back when driving in summer heat. I looked at BMW, Merc and Audi, they are all so common and derivative, what a bore to drive one. I like that Jaguar gives so many options in customizing the look: interior colors, choice of veneers, the whole experience is up market.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jaguar XF in VA is:

$168 per month*