Used 2011 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

my jaguar xf s cut on fire 17 miles from
By raul

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just drove the car out of the audi dear a jaguar xf S 17 miles down the car lost all the Power I'm in the middle of the freeway 2 seconds later car was in total fire big flames

Horrible quality only exceeded by worse customer service
By vaznayak

2011 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

We've now owned this car, bought new, for 3.5 hrs, and have under 18,000 miles on it. By now, a significant portion of the car has been replaced by Jag - including several internal lights, the entire fuel system, parts of the audio system, and most recently all the carpeting and even the front seats.....and they're still not done!!! There's still more they need to work on. And even that's not the worst part. What is absolutely the worst is the level of customer service. Take the car in for work, and then I have to follow up for an update. It typically takes 6-8 weeks to get replacement parts, and involves several follow ups. Amazing that they are still in business.

The engine stop button. Turning the engine off at home - coz. that means I made it home without the car stalling on the way back.

From a consumer perspective, the biggest improvement the company could make to the automotive industry is to shut the company down and stop selling cars. It is companies like Jag that give the other automotive manufacturers, who are striving for improved quality a bad name.

My first but not my last Jag
By georgemilliken

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti and Saab cars over the years owning multiple models in the Mercedes, BMW and Lexus car lines. I never thought I would buy a Jaguar. I had seen some new ads and the cars looked great, but I had heard such bad things about the reliability issues. I try to buy a late model used car because I think it makes good financial sense. I will buy new if I can't find a used car with all of the options I want. While looking at Mercedes I stumbled upon a 2011 XF. Decided to drive it and that was all I needed. Still under factory warranty and has three certified years after that. Love this car, love driving again.

Love the sound of the engine and the handling. When merging into traffic and needing speed I will press the pedal down and the car takes off. I have never pushed it to the end of it's ability. Seems like there is always more power waiting. My Mercedes and BMW would hit their limit quickly, not this car. Interior is awesome.

My only issue is that for the type of car it lacks some of the technological bells and whistles of its competitors. I just got rid of a 2008 Infiniti that had a 360 degree camera, lane departure warning and prevention systems, adaptable cruise control and a much better voice interface that the Jag. I really miss the adaptive cruise control. I made the decision that I was willing to sacrifice these comforts because I loved the drive so much and the car is beautiful.

A very fun, stylish, and satisfying car to drive
By amduscious

2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought my 2011 XF Supercharged in June 2011 and I have absolutely no regrets. I have not had to take it in except for its annual checkup at 10K miles - there have been no mechanical or electrical issues at all. It has more power than I can use 99% of the time, and I always look forward to that 1% when I can give her all she has got....which is a lot with that powerhouse 470HP Supercharged V8. I wasn't even going to buy a new car, but when the dealer parked it and kept it running, that purr from the quad exhaust was more temptation then I could shake.

- The thrill of being first at a stoplight on a 55MPH road with no cops around when it turns green...the only time I can really put the 0 - 60 under 5 seconds to the test! - When not moving, the purr from the quad exhaust. - The full coverage 5 year / 50K mile maintenance plan that covers all regular maintenance and wear and tear items like the brakes. - The body style and the high-quality craftsmanship of the interior.

Some users complain about the electronics and I can see where they are coming from, but I don't use all the gadgets (like integrated iPod and integrated bluetooth phones) and it works for what I need - playing CDs, listening to the radio, adjusting the temp, and the GPS (which does take some practice getting used to). I have read the 2012 has improved on that a lot, so I look forward to what my next Jaguar has in a few years when I trade this one in.

Jag Electronics-Really?
By mikeyguns

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The electronics were designed by a cave troll. Here are just a few examples of the insanity. iPod has 4000 songs. Plug it in and control of the unit switches to the touch screen. No alpha search on the touch screen even though the iPod does have search, which you now can't access. Want to hear some ZZ top? Scroll thru the entire catalog 20 songs at a time. Three dealers say, "that's just the way they are." Next, can't use nav while moving, in contrast to most of the competition. But you can check your voice mail messages or scroll thru your iPod on the touch screen going 80 mph. So one is safe and one isn't? And, it wallows like a pig when you flex the suspension. Hate it!

Looks great. It's like dating a beautiful girl who you really don't like at all. Everything is fine until you turn it on. Did I mention that the seats are ridiculously uncomfortable for the price point of the car?

Get five 20 somethings. Put them in a room for three hours and ask them how the electronics should work then give their output to the software engineers. Fire immediately whoever is presently in charge of designing the electronics interface. Fix the shift points with the car in sport. it hangs for 5-10 seconds before shifting after you stop accelerating. Give us an 18-way driver's seat like BMW for this price. Put the thing on a diet until it loses 300 lbs. If I had driven the car for 15 minutes instead of 5 mintues, I would never have leased the thing. don't even think about it. Pretty only goes so far in a car or a significant other Love affair gone bad early describes this thing

• SUV