2011 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
A very fun, stylish, and satisfying car to drive
By amduscious on 07/19/12 21:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought my 2011 XF Supercharged in June 2011 and I have absolutely no regrets. I have not had to take it in except for its annual checkup at 10K miles - there have been no mechanical or electrical issues at all. It has more power than I can use 99% of the time, and I always look forward to that 1% when I can give her all she has got....which is a lot with that powerhouse 470HP Supercharged V8. I wasn't even going to buy a new car, but when the dealer parked it and kept it running, that purr from the quad exhaust was more temptation then I could shake.

Jag Electronics-Really?
By mikeyguns on 05/06/12 10:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The electronics were designed by a cave troll. Here are just a few examples of the insanity. iPod has 4000 songs. Plug it in and control of the unit switches to the touch screen. No alpha search on the touch screen even though the iPod does have search, which you now can't access. Want to hear some ZZ top? Scroll thru the entire catalog 20 songs at a time. Three dealers say, "that's just the way they are." Next, can't use nav while moving, in contrast to most of the competition. But you can check your voice mail messages or scroll thru your iPod on the touch screen going 80 mph. So one is safe and one isn't? And, it wallows like a pig when you flex the suspension. Hate it!

I Love My Beastly Beauty
By cwindomsr on 10/04/11 15:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 Jaguar XF Premium in late February and I already have 11K miles on it. I just can't seem to stop driving this car. Performance is stellar, comfort is better than the competitors in this class. I test drove the 2011 Jaguar XF, the 2011 Mercedes E550, E350, Infinity, Audi A6, BMW 530 and 2011 Ford Taurus SHO and had to go back for another test drive of the XF Premium. The XF Premium really did it for me. I like to think of my Premium as "Beauty and the Beast" beautiful in that it causes Audi, BMW, Infinity and Mercedes drivers to do double-takes, and beastly enough to leave them looking at my tail-pipes while they are doing their double-takes.

New Brakes Every 10k miles
By filmdir701 on 09/30/11 20:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Every since I was a little kid I dreamed of owning a Jaguar. Well that day came true and I can't believe how disappointed I have been with this car. Getting this car may perhaps be the worst decision I have every made! First off... brakes squeak all day long. You know the sound of a crappy old NY cab. Well the cab is more tolerable believe it or not. Then to top it off you'll be dishing out $600 to $1,000 every 10k miles to have them replaced. Also the electronics are a joke. Hard to give specifics because that would take all day. Let's just say... it must be running on an old version of Windows 98. Don't even bother getting satellite radio installed because it will go out every 3 minutes.

Best value in class
By frankh2 on 06/09/11 11:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I test drove all the competing vehicles in this class including the A-6 and the BMW 5 series. No other vehicle had the same level of trim, performance and outright fun factor for anything close to the price. In fact, in most instances, the cost was several thousands more. The only drawback is that it does not have a 4-wheel drive option, which can be an issue in the Northeast, especially this past winter. Nevertheless, I would not trade it for any of the 4-wheel drive options out there.

Love This Car
By seamus623 on 03/19/11 18:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I tried BMW 5, Mercedes E, Lexus, and Infinity. All decent cars. Problem is wherever you go there are 20 cars just like yours. Not so with the XH. I love this car, fun to drive, yet nice enough to take out clients. Super sexy styling, not boxy. Definitely not the old boring Jaguar. The startup sequence is fantastic. This is possibly the best car I have ever been in. I would recommend this to anyone tired of the same old same old.

2010 XF review
By chriw1 on 02/26/11 14:53 PM (PST)

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This car is fun to drive and a beauty to look at. I waited 15k miles to give you an accruate review of the car. The engine has a nice growl to it and is quick off the mark

After Months of Research I found my Car
By drjp on 12/12/10 17:28 PM (PST)

2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I researched just about every luxury in the 50-60K range. MB, BMW, Lexus, and Audi. For me it came down to the Jag and the Audi. When I test drove the Jag it was not like any of the others. To steal a quote from an automotive reviewer, this car is like the beautiful cheerleader with a naughty side. Step on the gas and it just goes, and goes and keeps going. Plus everywhere I go people have to do a double take its such a beautiful car. A word about value...This car has EVERYTHING in it already, its German counterparts should learn a lesson from the Brits. I priced out a BMW and MB that started around 50K, by the time you add all the xtras (just about everything) the car is well over 60

Don't buy this car
By JKeller on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car in August of this year. It is beautiful. But, it's been in the shop twice. The car can't hold a charge. The dealership can't figure it out. It's hard to believe that after 3 or 4 days of not being driven the car won't start. Some of the possible causes I've been given from the service people make no sense. If you're looking to buy this car, ask others who have one before moving.

Jaguy
By Jaguy on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I was about to order a new 528 BMW I had just driven but decided to drive the XF on a whim. Wow! The quality of the interior, the handling, the sound of the V8 all seemed superior by comparison. The lease numbers were also good. Great car and I have owned all the luxury sedans.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jaguar XF in VA is:

$123 per month*