Former Jag Lover
By Birmingham Man on
2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
I test drove a 2010 XF about a year ago and it felt solid and drove well. I was impressed. I decided to take out a 4 year lease. Little did I know the problems that await less than a week later. From the check engine light to squeaks and rattles, this car has been a nightmare to own. In the first 2 months it spent 40 days in the shop. It is not "screwed and glued" together well at all. Now after almost a year I can truly say it is the worst car I've ever owned. Jaguar USA was no help. I felt completely helpless after talking to them. The car just sits in the garage, rarely driven because I'm not sure what will break next, additionally, squeaks and rattles still run rampant.
Favorite Features
Suggested Improvements
Quality and Reliability
By toymover
on 05/02/13 14:12 PM (PDT)

DITTO! Have owned 5 jags...my 2004 XJ was the finest car I have ever owned! The 2009 Jag XF was the worst! Get this...when my lease was up the salesman called to ask about a new lease on a Jag XF...I told him to check with the Service Manager and that should give him some insight. He said oh they should have done something some time ago about all my problems and that they were interested in getting me into a special deal on a 2013 Jag XJ! It's no wonder since the Wall Street Journal recently rated the 2013 Jag XJ in the top 5 worst cars to own from a cost of ownership in the first 5 years! I think the name of Jags new owner is appropriate...after all what do you say when you say goodbye..TA TA!