2010 Jaguar XF Consumer Review: Get One - You Too will be Conv

2010 Jaguar XF - Consumer Review

2010 Jaguar XF

Base Sedan (4.2L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Get One - You Too will be Convinced
By Jim on

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I read about Jaguar's spotty reliability, problems from other owners on this site and several other sources. Still, after 10 years of very high satisfaction with MB, BMW, and Audi, I had reached the point of boredom with my cars. I'm 43, and perhaps right at the target market for this XF, and decided a week ago to pull the trigger on a 3 year lease. I've had buyer's remorse on other purchases simply because I wasn't sure I made the right decision. But this car is COMPLETELY different. No such remorse. It is a joy to drive. I get a thrill every time I press the ignition button and step on the gas. First rate design and build quality.

Wood inlays are of excellent quality and finish. Seats great. Shortcut buttons on dash are a great convenience, and I find that the Nav while slow is not really a burden at all. Focus is on driving experience, not technology. It's a different paradigm and once you realize that, you love this car

Nitpicks really. Wished I had keyless entry (optional on base model), navigation fully accessible while driving (though I appreciate the safety benefits), xenons should be standard.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review