Used 2010 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Excellent Choice
By Gene

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After test driving the Audi A6, Benz E350, MKS,BMW 7, and Lexus 460 this was the nicest vehicle for my use, just driving. Exterior styling is the most striking of any boring offering I drove. The interior styling and materials are beautiful, There is unneed complexity in the other cars. This car combines class styling and performance. The A6 was my second choice. It had a lighter steering feel and a better NAV system. So what, I usally know where I'm going and dont like to talk to a machine that much. This car looks great and is so pleasing to drive. If you don't want to feel great driving this car and listening to the Bower & Wilkins sound system then buy one of the competiton.

The sound 5.0L engine at idle is stunning. Ride quality and performance is second to none. The cbain interior and sound system must be experienced.

The NAV system is DVD driven and I am sure it will change the HD in 2011. It functions fine and I usally know where I'm going.

16 months of pure joy
By wolf

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my car last year, haven't had any problems, vastly more reliable than my Volvo. Love the looks, comfort, and general feeling of being special. Not so many on the road so folks take notice. Good highway gas mileage, 27- 28 if I'm cruising at a relaxed pace of 70 mph. Can't help wondering how much better the 5.0 liter engine would be.

Looks, motor, interior makes you feel royal.

slow nav screen. cell phone doesn't always connect immediately.

Great car, but tires are a disaster
By Ms. Dallas

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love my XF -R but I am totally turned off by the tires. Haven't even had the car a year and two tire problems. The first was a chunk of missing tire on my back driver side. Nothing hit the car - I'm the only driver - so was very surprised to see this. Dealer said I needed to get a new one - over $600. Okay, I'll chalk that up to a fluke. Well, 3 months later, the front passenger tire has a couple of bulges in the sidewall. Take it in and am told I hit a pot hole. BS! I've had no incident. The dealership makes me feel like I'm a liar. Tells me the tires are "low profile" and can't handle pot holes. Nonsense! There is definitely a tire problem with this car.

Great Car
By R Moreau

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2010 Premium Luxury with Portfolio package and rear DVD system. The more I drive it the more I like it. This car is so smooth on the road that it is easy to loose sense of the speed you are going at. Some owners may complain about the screen interface, I find it easy and intuitive to use compare the german competitors. The inside is simple and clean as well as very luxurious. I especially enjoy the Bower and Wilkins sound system, the smooth effortless power delivered by the V8 5.0. Unlike some other competitors I test drove it never seems to run out of steam. The exhaust note is to die for. The XF delivers pure driving pleasure in a luxurious environment.

Engine and transmission, paddle shift, simple interface all vehicle systems, Bowers & Wilkins sound system, handling, winter mode (with winter tires and wheels). quality of materials, fit and finish. Smooth driving experience and finally you do not see one at every street corners.

My wife wants to drive it all the time...Scrolling to some of the menus could be a little faster and graphics for NAV could be improved. Others than that outstanding car and top notch service from Ottawa Jaguar

Nice car, when it runs!
By RTH ESQ

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

How do I begin?? The first XF the dealer gave me conked out on the Long Island Expressway almost getting me killed. The dealer took it back and gave me a new one. That one has been in the service department five times already. Oh, and I have also had to buy 3 new tires since they don't tell you the 19 inch tires should only be driven on smooth country lanes not city streets. One pothole and you need a new tire. Awful customer service and nasty superiors. Buyer Beware! Stay Away!

make cars that work!! Don't get the 19 inch tires