2010 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
Faster Pussycat Has Arrived
By Snurt on 11/17/09 11:52 AM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

It's hard to decide what's most to like about my XF: the exterior (simply perfect), the interior (expensive leather and wood + high tech toys), or the performance (responsive brakes, easy steering, and TREMENDOUS power). This car is a superbly styled, high performance work of art. Just hope the reliability holds up over the years (so far so good).

No Leaper Required
By jc2009 on 11/15/09 19:30 PM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My fourth Jag and by far the most fun to drive. Leaper is fine for the XJ series but looks out of place on this one. Drives like a true sports sedan and looks better than the BMW, Benz and Audi models. Initial quality for the first 70 days has been disappointing. Second day after purchase back at the dealer for engine light and last week a first for the dealer as the electronic parking brake engaged and refused to disengage causing the back wheels to lock. Dealer prompt on repairs but Jaguar Roadside told me I had to figure out how to get home when the car was towed, not a fun experience. At the end of the day, Jaguars are like problem children, we usually wind up forgiving them.

WOW!!
By k man on 11/14/09 15:44 PM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love this car. Beautiful, fun, spirited and refined. Traded my BMW 545 which was starting to look like every other car. This car is faster, easier to use (yuck to the idrive) and more elegant. Not quite as athletic but so much more beautiful inside and out. And the xf premium is an out of the box VALUE, loaded w standard features. I love all the touch switches and my glovebox works right. The integrated phone and ipod works great- no prob w my blkberry. Nav is simple to use and fantastic. I find the central touch screen easy to operate and rather intuitive. But best of all, this car wants to GO and is fun to drive. I got the lunar grey w charcoal- looks fab.

Real Performance... Real Luxury
By Jaguar Purist on 11/10/09 11:19 AM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I leased my new XF before the lease expired on my Mercedes E350. I always felt the MB was a poor value, but I had no idea how poor until I got this new Jaguar. The 5.0 liter engine that seems to have unlimited torque. This car will pin you backside to the seat when opened up. The ride and handling must be experienced as no words exist to describe the road manners of this car! The interior redefines luxury. Ian Callum improved on the refinements of the Aston Martins he designed and put them in this car. I love the start button that pulses like a heartbeat! Very clever. Every aspect of this car is superb.

Love my XFR
By love my jag on 09/15/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just picked my 2010 XFR and love it; a rocket on wheel with a luxury drive. The only negative; there is only one outlet and 3 cupholders in front ??? I wish you would have two outlets in front or the option to have a cigarette lighter that would solve this small annoyance; you can't plug your cell phone and a radar detector. I also cannot see contact name downloaded from my blackberry; only numbers.

Premium hits the sweet spot
By 2010xf-Prem on 09/08/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Jag has been a dream car for my wife and with both kids out of college, we could justify another year of tuition/room/board (what's one more...) Tried to satisfy ourselves with the base XF, and were actually looking for left- over 09. Not many around. Anyway, the combination of color and features made us buy the Premium Luxury. Have been studying the manual, (which is quite thick) for the myriad features. Would have actually preferred 18" wheels- more rubber= better ride comfort. the 19" standard wheels look much better though and ride is great.

Amazing new Jag
By wh1tby on 08/20/09 04:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent ride, performance and handling. Definitely not like the Jags of yore. Jury still out on reliability (I have not owned it long enough) but delivery quality excellent. Moved from BMW 5 series which was a tough move. Car attracts attention due to its looks, but this car gives me BMW performance with superb road presence.

Nice looking but awful reliability
By RICH HARRIS on 08/13/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I decided to lease this car because of it's sleek looks and nice interior. However, after having this car only a week, the famous Jaguar reliability came through...with less than 500 miles on the odometer, the car conked out in the middle of the Long Island Expressway! Needless to say, I'm lucky to be writing this right now. The car was a complete lemon. The sensor to the fuel pump told it that I had no gas, even though there was almost half a tank so the fuel pump shut down. Absolutely horrible experience...I don't even want to look at another Jag.

A meow with lots of WoW
By gastank on 08/05/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Awesome, ride, handling, and performance. Looks great and very functional. Huge trunk, folding seats and very useful. Fast doesn't have to be useless. There is not one on every corner either. Nice

Pick of the Litter
By PCardali on 07/07/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I fell in love with this car at the Detroit Auto Show in January. Having test driven the XF SC I knew this car would be special. The car's best attributes rest in the driving dynamics of the vehicle. The massive torque and power this car has is amazing for not only the sheer force but how easy it is to access it. The handling in the real world is fantastic. Some may say X car is faster in the slalom or Y car creates more lateral G's in the skid test. But in the real world 99.9% of the time you will be on public roads and this car has the performance AND comfort that few others can match. Plus this Beast gave me 24mpg on my long distance highway trip. I'm blessed to own this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jaguar XF in VA is:

$153 per month*