2010 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
WOW
By LazBro123 on 06/05/10 11:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Wow, this is one impressive car. I test drove its competitors, just to compare. Those cars are bland in comparison. This Jag takes luxury and performance to the next level. The interior is paradise. I feel like sleeping there during the night. The exterior is beautiful too. Also, the fuel economy is quite good, in it's class. I love this car. I recommend you to buy this car! You will not be disappointed in any way!

Different is Good
By VeniceNC on 05/27/10 21:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Looked at E550, 550i, and M56 before buying the XF. Power is awesome, faster than the factory reported 4.9 to 60. Great design and different from BMW/Merc, really gives a sense of luxury and yet is a total sleeper in performance. My only concern in buying the Jaguar was reliability - no problems to report after a month though so maybe the demons are history. Super smooth ride but also handles well. The hockey puck transmission shifter is really a good idea, takes up a lot less room - why do you need a big stick on an automatic? Navigation and touchscreen are a bit slow and dated, but I don't use them much so not bothersome. No buyers remorse here, I'd buy again and recommend the XF highly.

2010 Jaguar XF Premium
By JPJAG on 05/17/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I had 3 BMWs in a row before I made the leap to Jaguar. I am so happy that I did. My 2010 Jaguar XF Premium is a pleasure to drive. I cannot tell you how many people stop me to tell me how much they like the looks of the car.I tell them.."if you like the looks, you should drive it,too." Gone are the days of the old Jags with hit & miss reliability.Jaguar hit a home run with this car. No doubt about it.

GREAT RIDE
By Ron Taylor on 05/07/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have a 2003 S Type R jag that has been the greaetest sedan I've ever owned including BMW. This year I looked again at BMW, Mercedes E Class and the Buick Lacrosse... Felt that the Jaq had all of them beat in many areas and so far I am not dissapointed. I think the Buick had the best electronics, lighting, and price...but power and front wheel drive left me cold.

Excellent Choice
By Gene on 05/06/10 19:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After test driving the Audi A6, Benz E350, MKS,BMW 7, and Lexus 460 this was the nicest vehicle for my use, just driving. Exterior styling is the most striking of any boring offering I drove. The interior styling and materials are beautiful, There is unneed complexity in the other cars. This car combines class styling and performance. The A6 was my second choice. It had a lighter steering feel and a better NAV system. So what, I usally know where I'm going and dont like to talk to a machine that much. This car looks great and is so pleasing to drive. If you don't want to feel great driving this car and listening to the Bower & Wilkins sound system then buy one of the competiton.

16 months of pure joy
By wolf on 05/05/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my car last year, haven't had any problems, vastly more reliable than my Volvo. Love the looks, comfort, and general feeling of being special. Not so many on the road so folks take notice. Good highway gas mileage, 27- 28 if I'm cruising at a relaxed pace of 70 mph. Can't help wondering how much better the 5.0 liter engine would be.

Great car, but tires are a disaster
By Ms. Dallas on 05/04/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love my XF -R but I am totally turned off by the tires. Haven't even had the car a year and two tire problems. The first was a chunk of missing tire on my back driver side. Nothing hit the car - I'm the only driver - so was very surprised to see this. Dealer said I needed to get a new one - over $600. Okay, I'll chalk that up to a fluke. Well, 3 months later, the front passenger tire has a couple of bulges in the sidewall. Take it in and am told I hit a pot hole. BS! I've had no incident. The dealership makes me feel like I'm a liar. Tells me the tires are "low profile" and can't handle pot holes. Nonsense! There is definitely a tire problem with this car.

Great Car
By R Moreau on 04/22/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2010 Premium Luxury with Portfolio package and rear DVD system. The more I drive it the more I like it. This car is so smooth on the road that it is easy to loose sense of the speed you are going at. Some owners may complain about the screen interface, I find it easy and intuitive to use compare the german competitors. The inside is simple and clean as well as very luxurious. I especially enjoy the Bower and Wilkins sound system, the smooth effortless power delivered by the V8 5.0. Unlike some other competitors I test drove it never seems to run out of steam. The exhaust note is to die for. The XF delivers pure driving pleasure in a luxurious environment.

Nice car, when it runs!
By RTH ESQ on 03/29/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

How do I begin?? The first XF the dealer gave me conked out on the Long Island Expressway almost getting me killed. The dealer took it back and gave me a new one. That one has been in the service department five times already. Oh, and I have also had to buy 3 new tires since they don't tell you the 19 inch tires should only be driven on smooth country lanes not city streets. One pothole and you need a new tire. Awful customer service and nasty superiors. Buyer Beware! Stay Away!

Get One - You Too will be Convinced
By Jim on 03/28/10 22:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I read about Jaguar's spotty reliability, problems from other owners on this site and several other sources. Still, after 10 years of very high satisfaction with MB, BMW, and Audi, I had reached the point of boredom with my cars. I'm 43, and perhaps right at the target market for this XF, and decided a week ago to pull the trigger on a 3 year lease. I've had buyer's remorse on other purchases simply because I wasn't sure I made the right decision. But this car is COMPLETELY different. No such remorse. It is a joy to drive. I get a thrill every time I press the ignition button and step on the gas. First rate design and build quality.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jaguar XF in VA is:

$153 per month*