Used 2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

WOW, English Engineering Refined!
By crbuckman

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love this car! Not a fuel efficient car, as I have the premium 2010 5.0 V-8 model. But wow, the power and refinement is top-notch performance and far beyond my 2006 Audi A6 ever delivered. I seldom write feedback, but have to say the Jag is still one of the best looking and uniquely undiscovered cars on the road. If you don't follow the herd, check this offering out. Even now, I am so happy to walk out to my car and "drive". By now, my Audi started to feel "routine". Audi's are great, Jags are unique!

Powerful engine, pulsating start button, rising transmission control, heated and air conditioned seats, blind-spot indicator, heated mirrors, rear sunshade, rear-view camera, parking/backup sensors, Bowers and Wilkins Stereo, Great wheels and high-performance tires. But more than all that... the STYLING! Top-notch design in so many ways.

Touch screen software needs serious upgrade/user experience redesign. Clunky and SLOW Tire pressure monitor gives false readings ALL THE TIME IN COLD WEATHER and chokes up the display doing so. Rear visibility is limited due to GREAT styling. Backup camera and all-around parking sensors are essential as both are required given the rear visibility in this gorgeous car.

Head Turner
By AndrewSC

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I took the car for a spur of the moment road trip 2 days after purchase.I love the way this car hugs the road and makes you feel really involved in sport and dynamic mode. I love the fact that you don't see many on the road. At first glance it looks like a Aston Martin from the rear. I did my homework and compared many other models from BMW, MB,Audi, and Infiniti. nothing compares to the driving experience and looks of this car. Jaguar has really outdone themselves on this one. Away with the old days of Jag and in with the new. I have been treated very well by the dealership and would recommend anyone drive this car before considering another manufacturer. I have fallen in love.

I love the interior looks, the cockpit feel when you get in hit the start and watch the car come to life. I almost feel like it takes a big breath of fresh air and says lets go for a drive. You sit back and relax I am taking care of everything. The hockey puck shifter and sound system are top notch.

My only complaint is a selfish one and thats the navi. As a safety feature it understandable to disable the typing on the screen maybe they can integrate speaking to the navi so I don't have to worry about it.

Over-Engineered, Over-Rated
By Yergo

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Took delivery of my first XF in 2008, and the second one in 2010 (kicking myself for letting them talk me into replacing the first one). Problems ranged from the mundane (faulty cabin light that would turn on when I make a sharp right-turn), to the comical (door windows that would automatically re-open when you want it closed—reminiscent of a ‘Three Stooges’ show), to the seriously annoying (a creaking sound from the windshield that took several visits to diagnose and eventually fix). By May 2010, I had visited the Rosenthal Jaguar dealership a staggering 21 TIMES for a whole slew of gadget-related or common parts problems! It was so bad that EVERYONE on the Jaguar desk already knew me!

The ride, the feel, the look of the car.

Rides well; everything else needs fixing and adjusting. Very unreliable car-- take it from someone who's owned two! (Will get rid of the current one once I get some equity in it).

Great Car and Fantastic Value....
By AJMarton

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have an LR2 coming off lease and was considering the Jag XF, Audi A6, Mercedes E350 and BMW 335 or 5 series as my next car. I also have a 2000 XJ8 so I was a little concerned about build quality and reliability. I ultimately chose the XF because of its unique styling. There are so many BMWs and Mercedes in LA that I wanted something different for my $50k. The XF is definitely a head turner and I love the body styling. Reminds me of the Austin. It also has a well appointed interior with all the bells and whistles you can ask for. I was really turned off by the fact that most of the options I wanted were extra on the BMW. The performance is also amazing and you can really tweak it.

Sport and paddle shift options. Cool power up features. I really like the experience of getting into the XF and watching the power button pulse and then the vents roll up and shifter comes up quickly. I can start up the XF quicker than the LR2 which I thought was slow when I was in a hurry.

Better video display and update NAV system. Its essentially the same as in my 2007 LR2. Better quality paddles. Lights under the hood and in trunk. Auto trunk close. Less dust on OEM brake pads.

Former Jag Lover
By Birmingham Man

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove a 2010 XF about a year ago and it felt solid and drove well. I was impressed. I decided to take out a 4 year lease. Little did I know the problems that await less than a week later. From the check engine light to squeaks and rattles, this car has been a nightmare to own. In the first 2 months it spent 40 days in the shop. It is not "screwed and glued" together well at all. Now after almost a year I can truly say it is the worst car I've ever owned. Jaguar USA was no help. I felt completely helpless after talking to them. The car just sits in the garage, rarely driven because I'm not sure what will break next, additionally, squeaks and rattles still run rampant.

Quality and Reliability