2010 Jaguar XF Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
WOW, English Engineering Refined!
By crbuckman on 03/21/14 18:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love this car! Not a fuel efficient car, as I have the premium 2010 5.0 V-8 model. But wow, the power and refinement is top-notch performance and far beyond my 2006 Audi A6 ever delivered. I seldom write feedback, but have to say the Jag is still one of the best looking and uniquely undiscovered cars on the road. If you don't follow the herd, check this offering out. Even now, I am so happy to walk out to my car and "drive". By now, my Audi started to feel "routine". Audi's are great, Jags are unique!

Head Turner
By AndrewSC on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I took the car for a spur of the moment road trip 2 days after purchase.I love the way this car hugs the road and makes you feel really involved in sport and dynamic mode. I love the fact that you don't see many on the road. At first glance it looks like a Aston Martin from the rear. I did my homework and compared many other models from BMW, MB,Audi, and Infiniti. nothing compares to the driving experience and looks of this car. Jaguar has really outdone themselves on this one. Away with the old days of Jag and in with the new. I have been treated very well by the dealership and would recommend anyone drive this car before considering another manufacturer. I have fallen in love.

Over-Engineered, Over-Rated
By Yergo on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Took delivery of my first XF in 2008, and the second one in 2010 (kicking myself for letting them talk me into replacing the first one). Problems ranged from the mundane (faulty cabin light that would turn on when I make a sharp right-turn), to the comical (door windows that would automatically re-open when you want it closed—reminiscent of a ‘Three Stooges’ show), to the seriously annoying (a creaking sound from the windshield that took several visits to diagnose and eventually fix). By May 2010, I had visited the Rosenthal Jaguar dealership a staggering 21 TIMES for a whole slew of gadget-related or common parts problems! It was so bad that EVERYONE on the Jaguar desk already knew me!

Great Car and Fantastic Value....
By AJMarton on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have an LR2 coming off lease and was considering the Jag XF, Audi A6, Mercedes E350 and BMW 335 or 5 series as my next car. I also have a 2000 XJ8 so I was a little concerned about build quality and reliability. I ultimately chose the XF because of its unique styling. There are so many BMWs and Mercedes in LA that I wanted something different for my $50k. The XF is definitely a head turner and I love the body styling. Reminds me of the Austin. It also has a well appointed interior with all the bells and whistles you can ask for. I was really turned off by the fact that most of the options I wanted were extra on the BMW. The performance is also amazing and you can really tweak it.

Former Jag Lover
By Birmingham Man on 08/14/10 01:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove a 2010 XF about a year ago and it felt solid and drove well. I was impressed. I decided to take out a 4 year lease. Little did I know the problems that await less than a week later. From the check engine light to squeaks and rattles, this car has been a nightmare to own. In the first 2 months it spent 40 days in the shop. It is not "screwed and glued" together well at all. Now after almost a year I can truly say it is the worst car I've ever owned. Jaguar USA was no help. I felt completely helpless after talking to them. The car just sits in the garage, rarely driven because I'm not sure what will break next, additionally, squeaks and rattles still run rampant.

Love (almost) everything about it
By TomS on 07/22/10 15:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Had car almost 2 mos and so far it's a really great. Styling is equal to or better than any sedan out there (Bentleys, etc. excepted). Also, don't see yourself coming and going like BMW and MB. Engine, transmission and performance are so smooth. Trans in manual mode very quick. Gobs of power. Handles well in normal mode but really need to go to Sport and Dynamic mode to really experience what the car can do. Interior is beautiful and very comfortable and quiet. Some controls and displays rather quirky, like the Navi does not re-calculate route and some controls require too many steps. Otherwise, fantastic car.

Bad brake pads
By Maria on 07/16/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Don't buy Jaguar XF 2010 unless you want to fix brake pads every 10,000 miles at $350.00 and buy new tires at $380.00 each every 10,000 milea. It is a beautiful car but too expensive to maintain.

Amazing Jag
By Mark on 07/01/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Have been a BMW owner for 9 years, currently have two, but was looking for something different and fun to drive. This car fit the bill. Welcome back Jaguar. They did a great job with this car. From fit to finish. Looked at MB, Lexus, Audi and infiniti. Best bang for the buck.

A few nits, but an outstanding car.
By cjv on 06/08/10 08:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I came out of an Infiniti M35x and did extensive research and test drove the competition (E550, 5 series, M37). It wasn't even close. Yeah, the M37 had more technology, but didn't drive as well & had much less power. The BMW is great if I was on a track, but a non- starter if I wanted to be comfortable on long road trips on Wisconsin roads. The E550 had a magnificent interior and ride, but I didn't like the exterior styling. Minutes after taking the M37 for one last test spin, I took the Jag 5.0 out again. It's one of the few cars I've ever driven that got the adrenalin pumping (in Sport Mode). Great performance is on par with anything in its class, and it's much sexier looking.

Different is Good
By VeniceNC on 05/27/10 21:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XF Sedan Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Looked at E550, 550i, and M56 before buying the XF. Power is awesome, faster than the factory reported 4.9 to 60. Great design and different from BMW/Merc, really gives a sense of luxury and yet is a total sleeper in performance. My only concern in buying the Jaguar was reliability - no problems to report after a month though so maybe the demons are history. Super smooth ride but also handles well. The hockey puck transmission shifter is really a good idea, takes up a lot less room - why do you need a big stick on an automatic? Navigation and touchscreen are a bit slow and dated, but I don't use them much so not bothersome. No buyers remorse here, I'd buy again and recommend the XF highly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jaguar XF Sedan in VA is:

$153 per month*