Used 2009 XF
By carl_f on
2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
I bought this car in May 2012 with 13,000 miles on it. After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about the low miles, but said "what the hey?", traded in my beloved 2002 XJ8 with 120,000 miles on it and bought it. It has truly been a fun car to drive.
Favorite Features
First things first - I can't argue with a car that had a high average of 31.5mpg on a cross-country trip, full average of 27+mpg (rated 16/24). The performance is terrific and the braking is sure and swift. I love the interior and after being so used to the old XJ8 styling, I came to love the exterior styling (thought it a bit rakish at first). Since most of my driving was Interstate freeways, the acceleration was outstanding, the ride tight and quiet. I even ran it up to 100mph and not a complaint!
Suggested Improvements
At this point I would recommend taking a second look at the shifter. I was in Sport Mode climbing the hills into Jerome, AZ. Having found a parking space, I tried to shift into Reverse, was stuck in Drive and finally got the shifter to cooperate (I didn't dare shut off the car and restart). The sunroof switch broke with the sunroof open, but I finally got it closed after a few trys. All in all I can see my Jaguar love affair continuing as my dealer is terrific - their service experience was a real selling point despite the many reviews I read about this car. As noted in other reviews, the rear visibility leaves more to be desired, of course the backing sensors and the camera are a big help