2009 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
XF Exceptional!
By Don on 05/05/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is not a traditional Jaguar in design or execution. I had two prior Jaguars that I enjoyed, but this XF breaks out of the old Jag form, with grace and style! Great looking, nice build quality, great features. The car looks like a four door coupe, and the interior is gorgeous with nice materials and features. The drive is crisp, and handling is good. There is just enough soundproofing to offer comfort, but not total isolation. The engine performs well, even without supercharger, and the exhaust tuning sounds great too. I was originally a skeptic of the pop up shifter, but it is easy to use, and with the paddle shifters it is easy to executre crisp gear changes.

Can't live with the vibration
By Paul XF on 04/28/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The supercharged XF sold itself when I saw if for the first time. Unfortunately, it might sell itself again if Jaguar doesn’t address the steering vibration. For a still undetermined reason my XF shakes. It is most noticeable (and visible) in the steering wheel, but can also be felt in my seat as well. My dealer has tried everything they know how to do and it still shakes. Jaguar engineers say it’s a high performance car and vibration is to be expected. I say if they’re betting Jaguar’s future on this car, they might want rethink their position. Regrettably, despite its promising appearance it’s not a car I’d recommend until they get the first year bugs worked out.

The New Jag Rocks!
By Don on 04/27/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car. Great looks, Great build quality. Very impressive and comfortable. This is a winner, and it shows that Jaguar can build a great sedan at a reasonable price.

Wow... where can I go next
By karenm on 04/23/08 22:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best car and yes a head turner. I live in LA and I have only seen one other on the road. I drove the BMW 550 and Mercedes but I didn't want to drive what everyone else had. I remember seeing the XF at the LA Auto show and loved the stying. When I saw it and drove it, it had only been out 10 days. Amazing. Love the distinctive styling, rides like a dream. Love the touch screen and the nav is so intuitive. The swivel air panels and blue lighting is the best of all auto technology. Love the sporty ride, paddle shifting and the great trunk with fold down seats.

Very Satisfied
By TR on 04/22/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 99 Audi A4 - 5 speed with every option including special suspension and recaro seats still looked new, but I needed something a touch larger. I had been actively looking and driving everything from the BMW 6 series through Lexus GS for over a year. Nothing was getting me excited on looks or even came close to the fun of driving the Audi. FGOS - the new A5 was to small. Then I saw the XF, tested it and bought one on the spot. It may not be as nimble as my previous car but it is certainly fun of a different kind to drive. I actually look forward to my 60 min commute to work each way. So far no regrets.

2009 XF Supercharged
By Jay on 04/21/08 08:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I picked up this car about two weeks ago after giving up on my search for a new Audi S5. Wow, am I really happy I didn't go with the S5. This car, especially the supercharged, feels as if you are driving a $125k automobile. With 420 hp, it doesn't feel like a car, it feel like a rocketship. Reaching 120 mph is just way too easy. The interior is the most beautiful and most technologically advanced I have ever seen. It trumps anything Audi, BMW, Mercedes, or Lexus has ever done. The exterior has flawless lines and makes a 4 door sedan feel like a 2 door sports coupe.

Fast 4 door coupe
By KENNY XF on 04/14/08 23:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Trade my CLS 550 for the supercharged XF. I had Acura RL, GL Class before, this car handles super, the adaptive suspension is tuned for both comfort and sporty. Steering has a great feel at high way speed, and it is light when parking. The sound system is wonderful, better than any car I had.

What a Ride!
By rockvillewolf on 04/13/08 14:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my XF for a week and everytime I get in it and crank it up it is amazing. The handling of this model is significantly better than the S-type. The interior is not like anything I have seen. The seats are very comfortable. The pickup speed of the car is unbelievable. It will cruise at about 75 mph just under 2000 RPMs. Mine is a radiance color and it is stunning. The number of drivers turning their head to see this car is remarkable. I thought maybe not having the wood grain steering wheel would be a minus to being able to grip that wheel especially on the highway is quite the match.

My new XF
By Nicole W. on 04/10/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am so excited to own this car. My last car, a Lexus ES 330 is nothing compared to this. I love everything about it. The car handles so well. Went up to 110 (shhhhhh) and felt like I was going 50 mph. The features are plentiful. The advanced vision package is a must! My favorite feature, driving down the street and people just stare. Seriously, they actually stare! When I valet park, they put my car right in front! I love it. Attention getter, excellent performance, more features than you could ever possibly use. I've have the car two weeks and I still have not finished reading the manual.

Very Happy
By Al on 04/09/08 09:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I ordered the Jaguar XF a couple months before it came out based on the way the interior and exterior looked. I knew it would have to be comfortable, ride well, and be quick. I was really impressed once it came in and I actually purchased the vehicle. It really takes some time to figure out all the settings especially with the transmission, suspension, and engine response settings. It really is a beautiful car inside and out. I would highly recommend it. I previously owned a 2001 Mercedes CLK 430 and had concerns buying a Jaguar after a Mercedes. I was overly impressed with the Jaguar.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jaguar XF in VA is:

$165 per month*