2009 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
Still in love after 3 years
By icuwon1stprize on 05/05/14 09:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It was love at first sight 3 years ago. My 2006 E350 Mercedes 4matic had 140,000 and it was getting tired. Great car, no headaches, just blaa styling. Then my eyes met the UK headlamps of the Jaguar XF at it was over. The understated exterior could easily be mistaken for a number of other cars but another glance turns into a stare. She is gorgeous! Classic lines draw you in while her interior touches of the transmission knob that rises out of the console to the air vents that open and close when you start the car seal your fate. Like a beautiful woman, she does have her faults and demands attention. If you read the posts on how to deal with her querks, she will amaze you!

Jaguar XF 09
By jagxf09 on 12/13/12 14:25 PM (PST)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When stopping at a light or stop sign, I feel the jerking of my Jag after I've completely stopped. Is this happening to anybody else? Just bought it OCT 24th 2012 at a really good price but after reading some of the reviews I'm praying I'm not going to regret it. I have a 2001 Inifiniti I-30 as well, and it's been the world to me. No real troubles out of it and i have 270K miles on it and have had it since 04. I love the Jag but!! The factory warranty is already out when i called. Hope someone can shed light. It runs great just that one issue.

Used 2009 XF
By carl_f on 08/26/12 09:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car in May 2012 with 13,000 miles on it. After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about the low miles, but said "what the hey?", traded in my beloved 2002 XJ8 with 120,000 miles on it and bought it. It has truly been a fun car to drive.

Great warranty
By cyborgen on 09/26/11 11:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time at the garage if you intend to keep the car in good condition and learn to relax... Jaguar patience requires a visit to India where you will meet with Swami Tata who will teach you how to breathe calmly while your car is being fixed... again ... and again.... breathe slowly he will stay as you decompress in the waiting room. Think of the beauty and transcending flow of the car's hypnotic design.. do not focus on the negative.. relax.. Do your homework !! when your warranty is about to expire, get a full cost accounting of what went wrong. At this stage I'm not sure post warranty ownership makes economic sense. Its called due diligence.

Gorgeous Car that Nightmares are Made Of!
By twindavid on 03/31/11 09:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second entree with Jaguar. I had purchased the XJ8L for my wife ( her dream car), and found that it was just too big for her. The quality of the car was outstanding, so I decided on the 2009 XF. The car is a real stunner. Handles like a premium sports car should. The fit and finish of the car is second to none. The interior is drop dead gorgeous. Unfortunately, this is where the fairy-tale ends. We have found this car to be completely unreliable. The XF has a programing issue that allows the car's systems to remain active, therefore draining the battery. We have had the car for a 18 months now, and it has stranded my wife over a half a dozen times.

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury
By Ania on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely fell in love with the car when I 1st test drove it. However, since leasing it in Apr.2009 I've had nothing but problems. So far I've had rust, complete loss of power (new batter req,towed to dealership), speedometer showing speeds anywhere between 110km/hr-125 km/hr while stopped at red light, screen (nav.etc) going crazy or shutting on/off while driving, gear shifter was getting stuck, went in for recall, problem was "fixed". 2.5 wks ago gear shifter got completely stuck again, towed to dealership on a Sat. on a long wknd, no car for 3 days until they opened & now I'm being told it'll be another wk.to get new parts & install them. Very disappointed, will never buy another Jag.

Do your homework
By Wontdoagain on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Be careful before buying one of these. They look great but reliability on mine has been a big issue. Lots of little problems - and a few big ones. Shifter has serious problems, I am told, and will need to be replaced. It has become stuck in P (ark) or D(rive) and won't move, rendering car useless and a call to Jaguar Roadside assistance. 3x in last two weeks, last one on the way out of the dealer who had taken a week to finish the Jaguar recall on the problem. I am told the part is on 3+ week back order because this is so widespread.

What a shame
By schaffin on 06/15/10 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This wonderful fun stylish car has left me stranded on the road with the transmission stuck in drive twice. The fortunate thing is you are usually in a parking lot when you discover your up the creek without a paddle. The first time the dealer had it for 4 days. One hour after leaving the dealer it was back on the tow truck. CA lemon law here we come. Fell in love with this car the first 30K, hard to stay married to a car that has dumped me twice.

Dream car
By mrsaddle on 05/18/10 20:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I drove this and the supercharger version back in 2009 and immediately loved it. I initially was dead set on a supercharged version, but later settled on a premium luxury dealer demo car with just 9000 miles. I have put on 2000 miles so far and the car is wonderful in every way! The 300 hp is more then sufficient and everyone who rides in it thinks it is very quick! This car is also quite an attention getter as well. I own also a 82 Delorean and the XF generates just as much attention and that says a lot! I even have guy in 100 thousand dollar 911's turning there heads!

Heartbroken
By Heart broken on 04/18/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It actually pains me to write this review because I REALLY LOVE my car. I've had it for about 2 yrs and first problem was at 7K miles I needed new brakes. Also with the 19" tires you really can't drive over potholes, I also replaced 3 already. The real heartbreak is that now at 22,000 miles my transmission/gear shift knob doesn't work! Took it to service they "fixed" it and now one month later I'm home stranded AGAIN with the same problem. According to svc ctr there is a recall but I can't find any news on it. I still love this car but wish I had leased it because it will not last me the long yrs I hoped it would. I don't know what to do, I still love my car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jaguar XF in VA is:

$89 per month*