Used 2009 Jaguar XF Luxury Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jaguar XF

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Love the Engine and Look - But Hate the Car
By Brian

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Jaguar XF used, 5 years old. Was very very happy for the first year. Drives incredible, acceleration is to die for, by far and away the most fun car I have ever driven with its handeling and acceleration and gear shifter into "S" . HOWEVER, extremely disappointed in the electrical. At $4k in repairs in the last 3 months. The final straw was $1200 for my headlight to work again. Oh, the standard joke, what did you get fixed? A headlight? - Why yes, and while the answer is more conveluted then just replacing a simple headlight, the question is correct. The only thing wrong is the headlight, and something to do with the inside is the problem, with $700 for the new part, plus labor... the car lights up like a Christmas tree. I have Yellow lights, Red lights, White lights all going off at different times. Overall, just really disappointed right now, and buying a second cheap car to get around with while I own this car too...

If they had kept the technology simple, this would have been a much better car. Really don't need the false alarms for tires low. don't need the false alarms for coolant low. If they had just kept the electronics simple, this would be a much better car. The engine and seating and turbo is to die for. Unfortunately, the electrical gives you a reason.

Buyer beware..
By mlmcafee

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the Jaguar xf 6 mos ago used..looked good ran good until all kind of electronical problems started..had to replace fuel tank door twice wouldn't open do to electronical problem..Dome lights just flickers off and on while driving..powerstearing pump went out.. paint on hood just started fading..just a money pit..car looks awesome, turns heads. .but after reading and seeing I'm not the olny one with all kinds of problems I hate I bought this car..had less problems with my Mercedes and Corvette..Bad investment..No one willing to buy ..due to low demand for these pricey over rated money pits...

The best car I have owned
By NIKOS

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I owned in the past several BMW cars 3 series and X3. Jaguar is far away in front of BMW in everything. I read about transmission problems. It's all fooleries. It happens to me once but be serious just stop the engine and start it again, the problem fixed by itself! It a problem that can happens to every automatic transmission gear! The dcs is incredible you cannot feel any of the corrections itÂ’s making. In all other cars you will hear strange noises when the dcs trying to control the car and you can fill the corrections that made. In jag you do not understand anything at all! The only problem is that jag has a lot of enemies from German car fans.

Everything I love this car!

Tell to German cars dealers to have a nice look at the back side of this car because this is all that they will be able see from XF in the road. Have a nice day.

Can be fixed
By Bill

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had most of the same frustrations. The most unreliable vehicle I have owned. But, I have a great dealership, they fix the problems one by one. Car totally without power twice...problem was battery cable coming loose. Dealer installed new battery clip, problem fixed. Transmission stuck. Didn't happen until I took it in for the recall. They performed the repair, I got home, the transmission stuck! They replaced the entire shifter assembly, problem solved. Interior lights going on, software upload fixed them. Radio and touch screen replaced. The latest; car would not start for 15 minutes, then started fine, still a mystery. So far so good on brakes. 16k miles, I wont see it hit 30K

Style, color and comfort

Put in some QC and make the thing run. When I told my BMW dealer I was buying a Jag he suggested I buy 2 so I would have something to drive while it was in the shop. I thought he was being catty, I was wrong.

Starting to have problems
By TeeBee

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The second time in as many weeks that the tow truck have had to tow for the gear shifter. The Jaguar dealership in Austin Tx is just as bad with repairs. I will not own another Jag, I hate the way they have treated my wife through this process. It took 2 weeks to get the part, the car had to be towed to the dealership and they gave us a hard time with loaner and rental vehicles.

Driving, when it's running right.

Customer relations and fixing known problems right the first time! Go Lexus.