Used 2009 Jaguar XF Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jaguar Xf - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jaguar XF

View reviews for a specific XF model:

The best car I have owned
By NIKOS

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I owned in the past several BMW cars 3 series and X3. Jaguar is far away in front of BMW in everything. I read about transmission problems. It's all fooleries. It happens to me once but be serious just stop the engine and start it again, the problem fixed by itself! It a problem that can happens to every automatic transmission gear! The dcs is incredible you cannot feel any of the corrections itís making. In all other cars you will hear strange noises when the dcs trying to control the car and you can fill the corrections that made. In jag you do not understand anything at all! The only problem is that jag has a lot of enemies from German car fans.

Favorite Features

Everything I love this car!

Suggested Improvements

Tell to German cars dealers to have a nice look at the back side of this car because this is all that they will be able see from XF in the road. Have a nice day.

Can be fixed
By Bill

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had most of the same frustrations. The most unreliable vehicle I have owned. But, I have a great dealership, they fix the problems one by one. Car totally without power twice...problem was battery cable coming loose. Dealer installed new battery clip, problem fixed. Transmission stuck. Didn't happen until I took it in for the recall. They performed the repair, I got home, the transmission stuck! They replaced the entire shifter assembly, problem solved. Interior lights going on, software upload fixed them. Radio and touch screen replaced. The latest; car would not start for 15 minutes, then started fine, still a mystery. So far so good on brakes. 16k miles, I wont see it hit 30K

Favorite Features

Style, color and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Put in some QC and make the thing run. When I told my BMW dealer I was buying a Jag he suggested I buy 2 so I would have something to drive while it was in the shop. I thought he was being catty, I was wrong.

Starting to have problems
By TeeBee

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The second time in as many weeks that the tow truck have had to tow for the gear shifter. The Jaguar dealership in Austin Tx is just as bad with repairs. I will not own another Jag, I hate the way they have treated my wife through this process. It took 2 weeks to get the part, the car had to be towed to the dealership and they gave us a hard time with loaner and rental vehicles.

Favorite Features

Driving, when it's running right.

Suggested Improvements

Customer relations and fixing known problems right the first time! Go Lexus.

Problem free
By Cat Lover

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Rare enough to draw admirers, comfortable, fast. Great gas mileage for such a fast, heavy car. No problems to report.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, interior design, seats, performance. Love the fold-down rear seats, have actually carried some big stuff in this car.

Suggested Improvements

Dealer service is expensive. Add an additional power outlet.

We are all Heartbroken
By So Dissappointed

2009 Jaguar XF Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I feel the pain of the other owners. My car has been the worst investment ever. Yes the car looks good but it is far from reliable and I would not recommend it anyone. My problems for the last 2 years include: total shutdown with no power to the car (towed to dealership), 2 months later, total shutdown again no power to the car, transmission stuck in drive (towed), computer system failure (in the shop for 33 days), 3 sets of brakes, internal lights flashing on an off, constant no start issues. The problems start at 3000 miles and have never stopped. This car has major electrical problems and Jaguar and Momentum (dealership) knows it and will not admit to the problems. You are not safe!

Suggested Improvements

Build a good quality car and not junk!