2009 Jaguar XF - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:
Still in love after 3 years
By icuwon1stprize on 05/05/14 09:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It was love at first sight 3 years ago. My 2006 E350 Mercedes 4matic had 140,000 and it was getting tired. Great car, no headaches, just blaa styling. Then my eyes met the UK headlamps of the Jaguar XF at it was over. The understated exterior could easily be mistaken for a number of other cars but another glance turns into a stare. She is gorgeous! Classic lines draw you in while her interior touches of the transmission knob that rises out of the console to the air vents that open and close when you start the car seal your fate. Like a beautiful woman, she does have her faults and demands attention. If you read the posts on how to deal with her querks, she will amaze you!

Jaguar XF 09
By jagxf09 on 12/13/12 14:25 PM (PST)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When stopping at a light or stop sign, I feel the jerking of my Jag after I've completely stopped. Is this happening to anybody else? Just bought it OCT 24th 2012 at a really good price but after reading some of the reviews I'm praying I'm not going to regret it. I have a 2001 Inifiniti I-30 as well, and it's been the world to me. No real troubles out of it and i have 270K miles on it and have had it since 04. I love the Jag but!! The factory warranty is already out when i called. Hope someone can shed light. It runs great just that one issue.

Used 2009 XF
By carl_f on 08/26/12 09:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car in May 2012 with 13,000 miles on it. After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about the low miles, but said "what the hey?", traded in my beloved 2002 XJ8 with 120,000 miles on it and bought it. It has truly been a fun car to drive.

"Year Of The Cat" an update.
By sgt_pepper on 06/08/12 21:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I reviewed this car when I first got it in April 2008, and again several months later. Fast forward 4 years and 46,000 miles. I have had several problems. All but one (transmission shifter recall) were minor nuisances that didn't stop the vehicle and were handled quickly by the Jaguar dealer. At the end of my lease (April 2012), I purchased the car and a dealer warrenty. I plan to keep driving and enjoying this cat for years to come. It is a stunning ride and has saved my life from some nimrod exiting the freeway from the middle lane. Great brakes and panic stop control!

Great warranty
By cyborgen on 09/26/11 11:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time at the garage if you intend to keep the car in good condition and learn to relax... Jaguar patience requires a visit to India where you will meet with Swami Tata who will teach you how to breathe calmly while your car is being fixed... again ... and again.... breathe slowly he will stay as you decompress in the waiting room. Think of the beauty and transcending flow of the car's hypnotic design.. do not focus on the negative.. relax.. Do your homework !! when your warranty is about to expire, get a full cost accounting of what went wrong. At this stage I'm not sure post warranty ownership makes economic sense. Its called due diligence.

Looks great...when it leaves you stranded
By cars70 on 04/27/11 07:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I'll start by saying that for the price, the looks of this car inside and out are amazing. With the supercharger, its also faster than most cars in its class....when the car actually lets you drive it. My car has 32,000 miles on it, and the problems I've had: fuel door wouldn't open when I was on empty, inaccurate fuel gauge, passenger A/C stopped working, cabin light comes on and off by itself, and best of all, gear knob stuck in drive and then wouldn't restart after I turned the engine off. Not to mention the cost of oil changes and maintaining the car, and forget about driving it in snow. With a MSRP of $63,000, these problems are simply unacceptable. Should have bought a Benz CLS.

Gorgeous Car that Nightmares are Made Of!
By twindavid on 03/31/11 09:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second entree with Jaguar. I had purchased the XJ8L for my wife ( her dream car), and found that it was just too big for her. The quality of the car was outstanding, so I decided on the 2009 XF. The car is a real stunner. Handles like a premium sports car should. The fit and finish of the car is second to none. The interior is drop dead gorgeous. Unfortunately, this is where the fairy-tale ends. We have found this car to be completely unreliable. The XF has a programing issue that allows the car's systems to remain active, therefore draining the battery. We have had the car for a 18 months now, and it has stranded my wife over a half a dozen times.

Looker but OH the frustrations!
By Aggie92 on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I traded my 110K miles BMW M3 for this car. Looked at Mercedes C93 AMG, Audi RS5, and BMW M5. Thought I would try this car before any other co-worker had one in the parking lot. Loved it for the first 2K miles until the tire sensor light came on. Service said it was probably the cold weather and not to worry. 3,800 miles Engine light (supercharger gasket), 12,700 miles trunk would not close (trunk latch replaced), 14,900 miles tire sensor (resulted in a front tire blow out), 16,000 miles engine light (thermostat replaced), 16,200 miles engine light (Vacuum tube detached - service error), 18,900 engine would not start (second try an hour later it started).

Jove my XF
By Rob on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I drove Q45's for 10 years. I tried this car on a whim and fell in love with it! Great looking. Excellent ride. No mechanical problems. A little worried about snow condition driving. Highly recommended. Great value for the money!

Another Bummed Out XF Owner
By Bruce on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love this car. Thank G-D it's off lease in 5 months. Now in shop for over a month because of transmission--knob stuck in park. Dealer said no parts available, 3 weeks wait. This is after they fixed it with the recall kit and it failed again. Generally the car has been great but this tranny problem is a deal breaker. Factory doesn't care-- promised me a call back after I called them. Didn't hear back from them when they said they would call. Given the other choices out there I expect I will be looking for a more reliable car and service commitment in the future. Local dealer is a mess.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jaguar XF in VA is:

$165 per month*