2017 Jaguar XE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jaguar XE Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XE model:

Jaguar XE 35t
By Ryan

2017 Jaguar XE Sedan 35t Prestige 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Leased a Jaguar XE 35t Prestige with Vision and the InControl Pro Packages. Incredibly fun to drive, handles like a dream and sounds awesome in dynamic mode.

Love my first jag
By Jacob Mathias

2017 Jaguar XE Sedan 35t R-Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I was worried ordering this car and then waiting 4 months, but the xe is one bad a** car. It was worth the wait. Its really fun to drive, the steering, suspension, and quick acceleration satisfy all the urges. Its easy to say this is the best car Ive ever had in this class. I was also surprised by the upgraded media and screen package, i thought it would be worthless like most but its not a tesla screen but definitely an upgrade and a lovely wide screen. I think the only issue i have is the back isnt incredibly spacious but its enough to fit my car seat back there so im happy enough.

BMW and Audi Take Note
By BrendonSF

2017 Jaguar XE Sedan 35t R-Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

After months of research and serious consideration of the latest competitive offerings from Audi and BMW, I pulled the trigger on a V6 XE R-Sport two months ago. So far, no regrets. Jag has nailed the balance between athleticism and luxury, despite having 19" rims. The car is quiet and rides impressively well given the level of handling it offers. Styling, while subjective, is in my opinion above and beyond what the competition is offering. The Cadillac ATS has a better looking interior, but an inferior infotainment system. The Jag might have some cheapened aspects to the interior materials that are a let down, but it's still a very cool and rather unique setup. Passengers take note, and feedback has been very positive. People often comment that it "looks so luxurious," a comment that catches me off guard every time. The brakes have major bite, and the V6 is capable of acceleration that at times is borderline scary. It's as rewarding to drive in the twistiest as any vehicle I've driven. Body lean is non-existent, even when you're pushing traction limits. Quite impressive. I believe this is the best looking, and best performing vehicle in it's class. You can go buy a BMW 340i, get another 1mpg and 0.2 seconds shaved off the run to 60mph. It's a great machine, but you'll also pay about $5k more, and look like every other car on the road. The Jag isn't perfect, but it's a lot of car for the money and backed by the best warranty and best dealership service in the business.

New Jaguar XE 2.5t
By Dr Nicolas Phillips

2017 Jaguar XE Sedan 25t Prestige 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Took delivery of a new Jaguar XE 2.5T. I have driven less than 100 miles and it has been back the shop twice. General electronic faults. Of all the cars I have has over the last 30 years this is the worst experience I have ever had. Caution to those thinking about purchasing a Jaguar XE - there are more reliable and trusted options on the market. If I had my choice I would return back to Audi

A loyal 3-Series Fan...Converted to the cat...
By Matt

2017 Jaguar XE Sedan 35t R-Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I recently replaced my e90 BMW 328i and have been a loyal BMW fan for years. Since time began to approach for a replacement I basically assumed I'd just walk into my dealership and pick out my next 3 Series. This was especially true since the wonderful turbo-charged straight-six of the 340i was within my budget. But, here I sit with my new Jaguar XE R-Sport 35t and have no regrets. This car is in an entirely different class from the competition when it comes to driving enjoyment. It's a tight nimble car with great steering feel that is exceptionally fun to drive in all situations. The supercharged 3.0L V6 pushes it's power to the wheels eagerly and immediately at any speed and the 8-speed ZF transmission is wonderfully responsive, especially when the car is in it's Dynamic setting. I drove the BMW 340i with the M-sport package, the new 2017 Audi A4, Cadillac CTS with the twin-turbo V6, and the Lexus IS F-Sport before I made my decision and none of these cars could match the Jag for the overall driving package. Some could best it in one area or another but the overall package of power, precision, fun-to-drive factor, and refinement couldn't be topped. Add to that the fact that the Jaguar is beautiful both inside and out, equipped with enough technology to at least be in the middle of this pack of cars, and rides smooth and quiet and the decision was an easy one.