Used 2008 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Jaguar X-Type
By coyzan

2008 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Jaguar X-Type 3 months ago and quite frankly, I had my reservations about it initially. It was love at first sight, but having never driven owned or driven a Jaguar, I was trepidatious to say the least. How misplaced those reservations were. This is a beautiful car to drive. Its power is exceptional, luxury finishing is good and the AWD is truly brilliant. On the day I bought it, I had to travel a distance of more than 1400km. I had a tyre burst doing 160kph trying to get my destination (I know its speeding, but the road was long and empty and therefore irresistable.) The Jaguar did not deviate an inch. I slowed down, assessed the damage, put on the spare and was away.

Favorite Features

The power, the colour (tourmaline green) the AWD and the the sound the engine makes at high speed!

Suggested Improvements

Built in GPS and mp3 connection. A USB connection would not be bad either.

Leaper Triumphs!
By Joan L

2008 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

In winter gold, my new Jag X Type is elegance in motion. My neighbours have BMWs and Mercedes but my car has style in & out. Sadly, this the last year of production - a misguided decision by Jaguar.

Favorite Features

The leaper and the growler!

Suggested Improvements

HD radio availability

The Bang for your Buck!
By john stolck

2008 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

On sport mode (standard to all X-type models) it is amazingly fun to drive. Surprisingly it had an interior that put my friends, family, and clients ahh. The luxury package is the way to go. The chrome exterior is flashy and still maintains its profesional look. Lot of power and prestige.

Favorite Features

Everything from the nice interior (not just by my eyes but all how have put their foot inside the jag) to the flashy luxury package exterior.

X-Type I would buy again
By Roger

2008 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

For an AWD car, this cannot be beat. It is powerful, handles great and is comfortable. I can even get a 2" x 4" home inside. No other car in its class comes close. I live in S. Florida where it rains like hurricanes. One day, I notice power transferring to another wheel while flying down the highway in a downpour. The X-type tracked straight and true in a blinding rain. Moments later, I saw a car which had hyroplaned off into a canal. What car will I buy next? One that has luxury features, AWD, 225 hp and an unsurpassed service program; all for the low $30,000's. There is only one such car. The X-type. A fantastic, fabulous car that has no comparable.

Favorite Features

Value and class.

Suggested Improvements

Shoulder room.