2007 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Understated, Elegant & Reliable
By markle1 on 09/03/13 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

You get all the luxury without a BMW or Mercedes price tag. Bought it with 70K miles and put a little TLC into it (brakes, oil, air) and have had no problems for the last 10K miles. This Jag loves the open road. Rides straight, quiet and comfortable. Put it in cruise control and drive from San Diego to Phoenix with 100% ease and peace of mind.

Elegant Cat, Undeserved Poor Review!
By Jaffrey on 05/18/10 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The typical herd mentality of reviews is on full display here. For instance: 1. Reviewer claims the X type lacks power. Yet it offers more power than both the competing BMW 328xi and Mercedes C280 4 Matic. 2. Reviewer claims interior is cheap. Yet both BMW and Mercedes ship with Leatherette seats (that is vinyl) and the C280 in particular has cheap chrome around the drink holders that flake off. The interior of the x type is real leather and plastic at least as good as the competitor 3. The x type has better 0-60 acceleration than both the BMW 328xi and C280 4 Matic. I am glad I bought one after test driving the competition. It's beautifully to look at and drive.

GREAT CAR
By GreekDaddy91 on 04/25/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Jaguar X-types are the best car for the money. In Jet Black it is hot and it definitely gains much attention on the road.

Jaguar X-Type
By Adam on 06/21/07 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it thinking I may become a Jaguar fan. I think it was the worst financial mistake I have ever made. Engine died at 2000 miles!! I am on my THIRD transmission and FOURTH set of lightbulbs in my headlights and on my THIRD set of tires. This is only after 12000 miles. I am finally going to trade it in for a BMW, a car that will acually last. I have been to the dealer so many times I know the employees on a first name basis, I think I have put more miles on my Kia Rio than I have put on my Jaguar. STAY AWAY!!! FAR AWAY

Stay away!
By BlueMountain on 05/17/07 00:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

At 87K miles most would expect all parts of the powertrain to be intact but not with the X type. The dealership tells me I need a transmission, axle, transfer case along with water pump. I just fixed the wiper motor and the engine is pinging. I thought I just got the trouble car but I learned the transmission went out on 2 other owners I talked to in the Jaguar waiting room. No wonder they offer only a 50K mile warranty for such an expensive car. The one thing that hurts so much is the value drops like gravity. I owe 20K on this car and it looks nice and all but is only worth 11K according to KBB. Consider yourself warned. Stay away from this car.

X Type positive
By fongo on 01/31/07 10:56 AM (PST)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Driving this car down the highway makes by blood type go X positive all the way! I just picked it up a few weeks ago and I love it. Very smooth riding & superb luxury. Great power & mileage. Its AWD makes the car hug the road and makes you feel safe.

Cool little cat
By macktee on 12/16/06 14:32 PM (PST)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Moving from a 1994 XJ-6 to the 2007 X-type, I was pleasantly surprised by the same "Jaguar" feel of the car. It is as quick as the older car and feels every bit as stable. Very nice ride, smooth and corners like a go-kart. Get the "luxury" package. BIG difference in the interior accomodations and well worth the cost. It's small, but it's definately a Jaguar!

Fun Car
By Ray on 12/15/06 17:22 PM (PST)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolute comfort and power. Real eye catcher. I get more looks and positive comments than I ever received with my BMW, Audi, MB 320C.

Great Car
By BrianJaguar on 11/23/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome car, I bought it and I love the handling. It just hugs the corner, with its 227 HP, it just gets up and goes. It's luxury with power, I love it!!

New X-Type
By cm1 on 11/01/06 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this car. It's sporty and fast. The interior comforts are beautiful although a little small (but I'm coming from a Sedan Deville.) There is a lot of power and the trans is smooth. The size is perfect and I'm impressed with the safety, including side curtain airbags. It's a got a beautiful paint job and nice leather- great radio with CD. Corners perfectly and really holds the road and it's good in the snow. So far I'm very happy with my new car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.