Used 2007 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Jaguar X-Type
By Adam

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it thinking I may become a Jaguar fan. I think it was the worst financial mistake I have ever made. Engine died at 2000 miles!! I am on my THIRD transmission and FOURTH set of lightbulbs in my headlights and on my THIRD set of tires. This is only after 12000 miles. I am finally going to trade it in for a BMW, a car that will acually last. I have been to the dealer so many times I know the employees on a first name basis, I think I have put more miles on my Kia Rio than I have put on my Jaguar. STAY AWAY!!! FAR AWAY

Favorite Features

Cheap, Jaguar Cachet

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the plastic, get rid of the car all together

Understated, Elegant & Reliable
By markle1

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

You get all the luxury without a BMW or Mercedes price tag. Bought it with 70K miles and put a little TLC into it (brakes, oil, air) and have had no problems for the last 10K miles. This Jag loves the open road. Rides straight, quiet and comfortable. Put it in cruise control and drive from San Diego to Phoenix with 100% ease and peace of mind.

Elegant Cat, Undeserved Poor Review!
By Jaffrey

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The typical herd mentality of reviews is on full display here. For instance: 1. Reviewer claims the X type lacks power. Yet it offers more power than both the competing BMW 328xi and Mercedes C280 4 Matic. 2. Reviewer claims interior is cheap. Yet both BMW and Mercedes ship with Leatherette seats (that is vinyl) and the C280 in particular has cheap chrome around the drink holders that flake off. The interior of the x type is real leather and plastic at least as good as the competitor 3. The x type has better 0-60 acceleration than both the BMW 328xi and C280 4 Matic. I am glad I bought one after test driving the competition. It's beautifully to look at and drive.

Favorite Features

-driving experience -styling -interior comfort

Suggested Improvements

More engine choices.

New X-Type
By cm1

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this car. It's sporty and fast. The interior comforts are beautiful although a little small (but I'm coming from a Sedan Deville.) There is a lot of power and the trans is smooth. The size is perfect and I'm impressed with the safety, including side curtain airbags. It's a got a beautiful paint job and nice leather- great radio with CD. Corners perfectly and really holds the road and it's good in the snow. So far I'm very happy with my new car.

Favorite Features

Good locking and really holds curves. Plus it's very fast. Beautiful interior with a great little radio.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish it was a little bigger on the inside. I'm a big guy so it's a little crowded. But I'm still comfortable.

Stay away!
By BlueMountain

2007 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

At 87K miles most would expect all parts of the powertrain to be intact but not with the X type. The dealership tells me I need a transmission, axle, transfer case along with water pump. I just fixed the wiper motor and the engine is pinging. I thought I just got the trouble car but I learned the transmission went out on 2 other owners I talked to in the Jaguar waiting room. No wonder they offer only a 50K mile warranty for such an expensive car. The one thing that hurts so much is the value drops like gravity. I owe 20K on this car and it looks nice and all but is only worth 11K according to KBB. Consider yourself warned. Stay away from this car.

Favorite Features

Interior finish looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, 100K mile power train warranty, water pump reengineered, more backseat room, should have less road noise.