2006 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Hesitant at first
By sdettra on 07/12/13 07:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had always wanted a Jag but had heard bad things about them. So after 2 months of looking at reviews, researching the model and even pricing out parts for the repairs that were sure to follow I took the leap. Bottom line is I am very glad I did. Great car and with over 90,000 miles I have replaced a front wheel bearing for $28.00. Great ride Great styling and slightly above average performance.

Poor Quality Parts and Finishes
By Bad News on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Major disappointment! At under 30,000 miles and after having kept it in perfect condition, the interior began to literally fall apart! And what did Jaguar senior maintenance manager have to say? She hung up on me when I demanded to know who her boss was since she didn't want to take my complaints seriously. All told - $1800 to get it fixed! Never buy another Jaguar again! Can't wait to unload this one!

Amazing Car!
By Weslowery on 05/17/10 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought this car and its amazing. The seats are stiff but they are so comfortable. It doesn't really get good gas mileage but its our luxury cruiser. We have been getting about 20.5 in the city. It rides great and drives even better.

Underappreciated gem of a car!
By aluni@DC on 03/23/10 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Came down to this and a 2007 Mercedes C Class 280 4 matric. I picked the X- Type for a more stylish exterior styling and more interior space. The Mercedes had slightly better drivability and slightly better interior build quality. But the overall styling of the X-type and the super low miles (10K on the X Type v. 39K on the C280) won me over. Both cars handled well and the engines seemed very comparable. I really like how smoothly the Jaguar drives and how comfortable the seats are. The interior space is excellent on this. I have absolutely no regrets about my decision. The overall quality on this car seems solid.

Pleased... Indeed!
By Sandra M. Lamb on 06/18/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First Jag ever purchased and I am very satisfied and pleased with its performance. Takes off at the drop of a dime and leaves everything behind it in its dust! Handles a curve in wet or dry conditions superbly. Comfortably seats my family of four including my 6 foot husband. Interior is butter soft and so classy and elegant holds true to JAG reputation. Interior works well with Liquid Silver exterior and mesh grill...heads turn when we drive by for a second look. Love the Sports car feel in a Luxury Sedan! I'm truly PLEASED INDEED with this vehicle and strongly considering buying the XJ or XJ8 for my husband.

Love the Leaper!
By Kevin Kiper on 11/20/08 16:20 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Unbelievable car. Found it new at the dealer. It's been even better than I expected. Makes even driving around the block fun. And, the car is a total head turner. Very distinctive when compared to all the BMWs, Mercedes and Lexi on the road. I get tons of compliments on the car.

$350 hood emblem!
By lcatchpo on 05/24/08 23:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not once but twice I've had the hood emblem stolen. I'll never own another Jaguar because of this. They could at least have mounted it differently instead of putting a spring inside. It's such a shame because this car is really a dream car. Luxurious and sporty and affordable but you'll need the savings to replace your emblem every few months.

No Other Car Like It
By George on 05/11/08 01:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has no equal. Drive one for a while and you'll see what I mean. Power is adequate, handling on wet roads is simply unbelievable. I've had 3 BMWs and the X-Type easily, very easily, and I'll say effortlessly, could run off and leave them on a winding road--wet or dry. On the straight interstate above 115 mph handling is about the same as the BMWs I've had, maybe a little better but nothing outstanding. Interior is nice with the VDP package. Interior doors handles are hard to pull to open the door and that is common to all X-Types. Bad design using a cable. Have to remove a lot of stuff to change plugs on the rear cylinder bank. BMW is a lot easier.

Most well kept secret
By Frank on 10/24/07 09:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful, understated, elegant and powerful vehicle. AWD is a huge plus for me and I am surprised how well this car is built and drives like butter. The feel of it while driving is incredible. I have ridden in and driven BMW, Mercedes and other luxury cars, Jaguar X-type is the most humble (in a good way) and solid luxury car. I would buy another X-type in a heart beat. Test drive one and you won't be disappointed. The body construction is both light and feels strong. I love it.

An Exceptional Car
By OldCEM on 07/07/07 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is Jag's best keep secret. It's the best trip vehicle I've ever owned. It's quick, corners well, and is extremely comfortable on trips. Build quality, fit and finish are second to none at its price point. Its standard AWD handles rain, snow, and ice with no drama at all. The car is heavy, and, seems to be built like a tank. The interior has standard leather seats, and the rest seems to be made of very high grade materials. I like the retro style of the exterior, and it's a real head turner, This is my second X Type - I upgraded from a 2.5 liter model because I wanted the extra power. Both have been extremely reliable vehicles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.