2005 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Review: Ocean to desert round robin

2005 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Review

3.0L Sportwagon Wagon (3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Ocean to desert round robin
By proflovell on

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only reason I did not give the interior design a 10 rating is because, at 6'1", I have tended toward larger cars. That said, a recent 1200 mile journey to Death Valley & return was our maiden trip to put the "darling little car" (my wife's description) through a gentle test run. We tent-camped in Furnace Creek, hauling all we needed in the cargo area; freeway driving was a fun run for a change with the sport-feel of the road; country curves & desert "thank-you-mums" were even more pleasurable with the X-Type's road- hugging & shorter wheelbase handling. Our 25 mpg average on this trip was most welcome in light of the $3+ pump prices; a fair exchange for a downsized wagon.

Memory seat: it is my wife's car, I get to drive it at her pleasure - I'm tall, she is less so! Turn off ignition & interior lighting comes on - nice! Close clustering of instruments & controls; leather interior; our first sun/moon roof; engine purrs just as a contented mid- sized cat should.

More contrast between instrument messaging & background; larger message screen for the aging eyes of the upmarket buyers you should be targeting; center armrest should be beefed up; check back with me in a year - I might have more!