2005 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
My second Jag
By Muggsc on 02/23/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first JAG was an XJ8, I really wanted an S-Model, however I did not like the grill. I also think the interior of the X-type is just as nice as the S-type, except for the steering wheel, which I have ordered the wood grain finished one from the dealer. The only thing that I don't like is that the rear seating leg area is too short. Overall the car is as sweet as they get.

My Jag
By Sancho on 02/22/05 17:08 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Vehicle was delivered with grossly over-inflated tires (50lbs) ... should be approx 30lbs. Have a standard transmission; am a conservative driver; have yet to get over 22 mpg combined city/highway driving. Car handles great; takes turns smoothly and requires minimur of braking on sharp turns. Excellent on snow and rain. Developed a high-pitched sound; failed to repair correctly on first try; tape recorded sound and the Dealer replaced the DRIVETRAIN... have not heard sound in approx one month since this repair.

I love my XTYPE Sport
By Kechele27 on 02/19/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It doesn't get better for the price. It is true that it is heavy and does not corner as well as a BMW or other sport car- but its not meant to. This car is for a comfortable ride, a luxurious ride, and it is the perfect size, has the perfect interior and is truly a headturner on the streets..plus...you don't see many on the road..always a plus- its not your regular civic or camry.

Interior pieces not up to par
By KKear on 02/18/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have the car just over a year. The sales experience was great but the servicing of the car is a problem. Every 5000 miles it goes in for oil change and a a list of interior problems that take 2 days to fix. The defroster vents, J gate shifter, seat belt height adjuster, floor mats, outside temp guage and bulbs burning out all are problem areas. Good thing the car is a great driver, has stunning looks and has a long warantee. Fuel mileage is 22.2 MPG over 16000 miles, about right for AWD and high compression, high horse engine.

FIRST JAGUAR
By BETSY ZACK on 02/12/05 23:49 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am enjoying my new jaguar - I am very happy they decided to build a wagon. It is fun to drive and there is a generous cargo area in the back for anything from groceries to small furniture finds. My son thinks a Jaguar should only be a luxury sports car but what could be wrong with a sporty wagon that is pretty to look at?

Excellent All Around
By Chindit2 on 02/12/05 19:31 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently drove my X Type home in a snow storm. The only cars on the road that were not having trouble were the SUVs and me. The X-Type is under rated!! Ford has done an excellent job of working out the problems without taking the British styling out. It is an excellent value, excellent performance, extremely comfortable, head turning styling. My only complaint is that the in-city fuel economy is awful, 17/18 mpg on premium. The car does however love to run down the turnpike at 80 mph with 25 mpg. If you are wondering if you should get one for yourself, stop wondering and go for it.

2005 Jag wagon
By Chstine on 02/05/05 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am one of the first lucky people to own this awesome car. It's fun, fast and luxurious. Also, it's great in the snow with all wheel drive.The only negative is not enough leg room in the backseat. Other than that after owning 2 BMW wagons this is a very nice change.

Jaguar X-Type 2.5
By ARP on 01/24/05 11:37 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

What a great car. Sexy looks and luxury ride with a sporty flair. I have driven in the heavy snow and ice without snow tires and no problems. Getting 25 mpg. Love the interior and quiet ride. Takes the bumps as a quiet one-piece unit. This is a great car for those who want something different. You don't see everyone with a Jag.

Great Car for the Money!
By DonS2 on 01/21/05 13:22 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2004 leftover for $22.8k. It was a base car w/ a five speed manual. A lot of bang for the buck. It would be hard to find something in the same price range w/ all wheel dive, V6, leather and full power even if it wasn't a Jaguar. Power is okay, especially for a small displacement V6. Mated w/the five speed it's more than adequate. Overall I think it's a well thought out car w/a lot of nice touches (adjustable armrest, rear fog lights. etc.). I would strongly recommend the car.

jaguar x type
By sreese on 01/01/05 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

good car need larger space for back seat