2005 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
one of the best
By stu on 05/01/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Poor handling??? This thing handles like it's on railroad tracks. It tracks straight as an arrow. Slightly hard ride because of the silly 17 inch tires. Best interior materials I've seen for that price. All in all a winner for a smaller luxury sports sedan. Could use better ergonomics on the dash panel.

Lemon to Lime
By Marybeth on 04/28/05 22:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had 2 X Types. My first one was an actual lemon, and Jag gave me a new one. This one also drops gears at 35- 40mph and has a heavy steering wheel shimmy, as the "Lemon" did. It is performing about 50% better. Jag has been good about fixing things thus far, let's see how fast I sell it once it hits its 30K mark. Do I like Jags, yes.. mostly a smooth ride, and I like the look. Could it perform better and get better mileage, you bet.

True sports sedan
By fasteddiefromLI on 04/21/05 22:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handles nearly as well as the Infinity G35, but better looking and a more luxury looking interior. Not as many luxury and comfort features as the Acura TL but much, much more fun to drive. Better handling and better all around than the new Maxima. A very good sports sedan for the money.

My first Jaguar
By mike on 04/18/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first Jaguar and I was thrilled to own it. It is an amazingly beautiful car. I still can't stop looking at it. The interior is very pleasing and comfortable. However, my car visits the shop on average once a month for stupid things like locking making noises, trunk leaks, gas door won't open, oh and 2 transmissions later.

Objective Review
By Art on 03/28/05 22:15 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great value for entry-level luxury! It has leather, AWD, preppy engine, full maintenance, Jaguar name... can't be beat! No problems in 8 months, Jaguar quality has gone totally up.

I like the X
By Mike C. on 03/18/05 19:07 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very pleased with the Jaguar X type. The ride, handling, and power are excellent. I like the styling - Interior and exterior. I love the wood. Friends that have the entry level German rivals (MB, BMW, Audi) have been impressed when riding in the car. I would not trade it for a comparably priced German rival. Just riding in it has converted a few friends. During the winter - I couldn't "make it" slide in the snow - Great road manners. I have had ZERO reliability problems.

2002 Jaguar X-type sport
By dunjo1 on 03/11/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent auto! Reliable & great performance!

Looks like Ford, smells like a Ford...
By ntstambo2 on 03/08/05 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is joke. I have this car for a rental and I might as well bring it back for a Ford Contour because that's what this is. It's cheap inside, the engine is weak, and it hogs down gas. The interior is cheap and the controls are a jumbled mess. How can they calls this a Jaguar? Anyone that buys this car and thinks they have a Jaguar is just kidding themselves. I'm embarrased to drive this and have people look at me and think it's actually my car. The only thing this car has going for it are the cool looking headlights.

That's My Jag
By Marc on 02/28/05 08:44 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great in snow and rain...fun to drive, great pickup. Very reliable.

second xtype
By a. amendola on 02/26/05 11:09 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first was a 2002 X-Type 3.0. It was a good car, beautiful to look at, and never gave me any trouble. My new 2005 is the 3.0 sport. Wow! What a difference. I just love to drive it. It's exciting to both drive and look at. Jag addressed all the little quirks I had in the 2002. Great job Jaguar! World class fit and finish. I can also fit three sets of golf clubs inside walking bags in the trunk.