2005 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Excellent but needs minor improvements
By Nicolas on 11/25/05 11:55 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2004 X TYPE driven only 3400 miles since new has a little noise or click when it engages the AWD and the transmission at speeds lower than 30 MPH, It is similar to the noises in the old cardan shafts system and crosses attaching the transmission and the differential of american cars. The dealer revised the noise and the AWD system but found "nothing wrong". It is very difficult to read the trip computer window due to daylight glare. No problem during night time.

My 2nd X type
By sharon on 10/04/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd x-type. My other one is a 2002 Platinum sport... love it! Only a few simple problems such a a malfunctioning trunk lock and some recall service... all covered under warranty plus the dealer provided a free Jaguar rental car. My new car is just a beautiful and I am leasing for a similar price to my 2002 model! Glad I did not have to downsize! The best feature is the AWD! I live in WI and we get bad snow and ice... this car's wheels NEVER spin! Grips the road! Love it!

What A Disaster!
By Todd on 08/14/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please! I beg you to think twice before buying an X type. I have had it for 3 months... and it has been nothing but a disaster! The remotes don't work, the gas tank does not open!! The windows are constantly breaking and get stuck in one position. The plastic buttons on the inside break off!!! Stay as far away as you can!!!!

Why the Bad Rap?
By Adam on 06/29/05 19:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read all the reviews before buying my X-type and I was a little worried as most seemed to give the car a bad rap. After owning it for 8 months I have found only minor things I would change on the car. Most reviews said the car wasn't as sporty as the other small cars in it's class. While that may be true not everyone is looking for a sports car. With the 230hp engine the Jag will get you anywhere you need to go plenty fast. If you're looking to blow the doors off other cars go buy a Mustang Cobra for the same price. For the rest of us who are just looking to ride around in style this car is perfect. Drives nice, looks sharp, and I haven't had any issues yet.

The grin still hasen't left my face!
By Tedd on 06/07/05 23:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car! I just finished driving the X type from Kansas City to L.A. I ventured off the interstate often and hit some great winding mountain road (pine to palms hwy) and even went off road into (yes, into!) the grand canyon on a gravel road/creek bed! Went from rain and snow (in Flagstaff) to desert heat. The car was loaded down to the hilt, driven hard, thrown into corners, cruised at high speed, and every component performed perfectly! (except the rearview mirror vibrated out of position on the rough gravel road leading into the grand canyon) I never had a more fun drive! BMW should be worried!

Jag X
By Gonzales on 06/07/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The X-Type is a Jaguar in every sense, especially in the one important one: you feel good every time you sit in it, feel the leather, see the wood and chrome, the curves of the bonnet, and feel the way it performs. A delight.

Jag X 2.5 5M - First 8 months
By steve on 05/27/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Pleased with the car - great value. Interestingly, I switched from a V6 GTI and my back no longer hurts when I drive. The Jag body curves are sensuous and the car is easy to wash and dry. Service has been exceptional, as was the salesman and dealer. In a sea of possibilities, this little Jag is a good bet.

IT'S IMPROVED
By Brooks on 05/21/05 08:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had been leasing a 2002 X Type. I find the 2005 a much improved car. The transmission is more responsive. The car handles better, has memory seats and mirrors. A great sound system is even better. Before leasing this car I test drove an Acura RL and a BMW 330i. I found the ride and performance of the Jag to be more satisfying In 2 months of driving there have been no defects.

2005 X-type Sport...Love it!!!
By medicinegirl on 05/13/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second X type. My first was a 2003 2.5 liter, that was very reliable, and fun to drive. This one is a Sport 3.0, and is WAY better! The handling is really, really improved over the plain X types, as good a BMW 3-series, I think...well worth the difference in price. I shopped around first, looking at the Audi A4, the BMW 3's, the Infiniti G35 and M35, and even considered the S-type, but after I drove an platinum-colored X-type Sport, I ordered a black one on the spot!

A Jag review
By Glen on 05/07/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the car over all it has a lot of power. It is small enough I like all the features in it. Coming from Volvo background, it has same comfort and gadgets as Volvo does. Very satisfied.