2005 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Great Value
By Mike on 11/02/06 20:35 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has not only been fun to drive but a great value as well. The trunk is huge. However the back seat is very tight with limited legroom and headroom for passengers and somewhat difficult to enter/exit.

Great Car
By CMcnam8163 on 07/24/06 23:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I never have seen another one on the road. This car is so practical, I really hope they continue making them. I'm really tired of SUVs and this car is the perfect alternative. Really stylish!

Love my 05 X-type AWD
By robert allen on 06/13/06 08:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only thing I don't like about my car is the mileage, but I knew that going in. The car drives like a sports car - quick off the line, responds easily and effortlessly, takes the corners like a champ! There is one annoyance - a sporadic rattle and bump from the steering column (I think) which the dealer can't figure out. Other than that, this car is a gem! And people ooh and ahh when then see it or I tell them I have a Jaguar.

I love this car
By John on 06/01/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Jag and I love it. It handles wonderfully, has lots of power, and has presented no mechanical problems whatsoever. The sound system is superb. It's great in the snow and cuts through large drifts without problems. Overall I would definitely lease this car again.

Ocean to desert round robin
By proflovell on 04/19/06 21:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only reason I did not give the interior design a 10 rating is because, at 6'1", I have tended toward larger cars. That said, a recent 1200 mile journey to Death Valley & return was our maiden trip to put the "darling little car" (my wife's description) through a gentle test run. We tent-camped in Furnace Creek, hauling all we needed in the cargo area; freeway driving was a fun run for a change with the sport-feel of the road; country curves & desert "thank-you-mums" were even more pleasurable with the X-Type's road- hugging & shorter wheelbase handling. Our 25 mpg average on this trip was most welcome in light of the $3+ pump prices; a fair exchange for a downsized wagon.

2005 X-TYPE 3.0 VDP Edition
By Nice Jag on 04/17/06 22:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice comfortable ride. Love the interior leather and the exterior styling on my VDP edition. Decent acceleration but not mind blowing off the line. I expect the manual would be a bit more fun. Roomy in the front and the back seat is par for the course. Nice build quality and has a large trunk. Alpine stereo is ok but the bass needs a little more depth at least for my ears. Seem to be getting 20.9 mpg but I have a heavy foot. AWD is nice -corners ok but does feel a little loose at higher speeds but hey this isn't a sports car. The local Jag service department seems very helpful. I am really enjoying this car and getting a lot of compliments on the interior and exterior styling!

Great little Jag
By wm on 03/13/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 2000 S-Type, hated to let it go, perfect for 130000 miles+. But needed wagon type AWD vehicle, not SUV. Still get admiring glances, although not as many as we did with S- Type. Comfortible, beautiful, classy, great in snow. Plenty of power, and most luxury features found in higher priced cars. Carpeting and sunvisors are cheap jack, but overall cars lives up to its image. Wife loves to drive it, and feels very secure doing so in adverse weather.

Wagon is superior to x-type sedan
By roger on 01/28/06 23:11 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is second x-type (first was sedan)- this is an awesome car, and we love driving it- great power, great handling, and love the style. It's roomier than the sedan (in the back) and the storage capacity is wonderful. The styling is excellent, and it sets you apart from the crowd. Dealership is great to work with, and service is excellent. Highly recommend this car as it comes with all comforts without the confusion of myriad of option packages. Get the nav system and bluetooth

Good value for the money
By np on 12/27/05 19:15 PM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got the car at the end of the year. Saved the first year's depreciation. It is more agile than the 99 bmw 528 I had. Gas mileage is not quite as good so far, about 23mpg. Interior is exceptionally nice. Exterior is also exceptional. Engine could use another 15-20 hp but not bad. No issues so far. Handling is not quite as good as a bmw 325, but for every day use it works great.

Best Kept Secret
By J Smythe on 12/26/05 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been outstanding since I purchased it. 2.5L w/manual transmission is the way to go--good performance and good gas mileage. Clutch is not quite Porsche, but only one step below. The X Type does every thing well and, with the AWD, there is no need for my 4WD Pick Up here in the Wash. DC area. Looks great--most people think I paid way more for it than I did.