Used 2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon - Consumer Reviews

3.0L Sportwagon 3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

why the term "disappointment" by editiorials?
By pandahenry

2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several BMW's,Mini Cooper(s)and other Jaguars. This is Wife's car It has 70k mi.and is great. In the 8 years we have owned= only 2 problems..a brake boost seal-replaced under warranty at 35k miles. The other "problem" was the discovery of expensive performance components like the Special F Brake discs. I suppose the disappointing" stems from poor sales numbers? But Jaguar sold many of these. So I am guessing it is Jaguar Purists who find the X-type as disappointing" So to the purists who downbrow our car.. if it is fast "like a Jaguar" fun to drive "like a Jaguar" has unique style and grace."like a Jaguar. has expensive upkeep.."like a Jaguar then it IS a Jaguar..

1.Styling: we can FIND our car in a lot 2.Performance: it is fast and gets surprisingly good gas mi./economy 3 Cargo(dogs& carbon-fiber road bikes) 4.Reliability AND add the fact that local-"favorite" auto repair can service thus saving $$$ 5.head turning good looks.

1.F lighting bezels are showing plastic Fog"but after market remedy is Ok 2. how does one improve ride?we are getting better ride tires this next time 3.Parts and repair for a discontinued model Q : Does Jaguar still maintain stock of important components?

Jaaaaaag Wagon
By Lymeboy

2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven mostly BMW's for the past 20 years. I purchased this 05 Jaguar Sportwagon in July 07 and I am delighted with the design, build quality, aesthetics, and driving dynamics. It can not be compared to BMW, MB, Audi, etc., as it is British, not German. The wagon is elegant inside and out, it is comfortable for a guy with back problems. I have only seen one other Jag Wagon in the state of Maine---I do not see myself coming and going.

The growl of the exhaust when I step on it, heated seats, manually shifting the auto box. The beautiful lines of the exterior and the elegance of the interior.

The fuel mileage is less than ideal and the transmission shifts into fifth too soon for my taste. It feels like the engine is bogging in 5th gear if the tach is below 2000rpm.

Great Car
By CMcnam8163

2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I never have seen another one on the road. This car is so practical, I really hope they continue making them. I'm really tired of SUVs and this car is the perfect alternative. Really stylish!

I turn a lot of head when driving the car.

Interior leather is cheap! Leather scratches easily.

Ocean to desert round robin
By proflovell

2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only reason I did not give the interior design a 10 rating is because, at 6'1", I have tended toward larger cars. That said, a recent 1200 mile journey to Death Valley & return was our maiden trip to put the "darling little car" (my wife's description) through a gentle test run. We tent-camped in Furnace Creek, hauling all we needed in the cargo area; freeway driving was a fun run for a change with the sport-feel of the road; country curves & desert "thank-you-mums" were even more pleasurable with the X-Type's road- hugging & shorter wheelbase handling. Our 25 mpg average on this trip was most welcome in light of the $3+ pump prices; a fair exchange for a downsized wagon.

Memory seat: it is my wife's car, I get to drive it at her pleasure - I'm tall, she is less so! Turn off ignition & interior lighting comes on - nice! Close clustering of instruments & controls; leather interior; our first sun/moon roof; engine purrs just as a contented mid- sized cat should.

More contrast between instrument messaging & background; larger message screen for the aging eyes of the upmarket buyers you should be targeting; center armrest should be beefed up; check back with me in a year - I might have more!

Great little Jag
By wm

2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 2000 S-Type, hated to let it go, perfect for 130000 miles+. But needed wagon type AWD vehicle, not SUV. Still get admiring glances, although not as many as we did with S- Type. Comfortible, beautiful, classy, great in snow. Plenty of power, and most luxury features found in higher priced cars. Carpeting and sunvisors are cheap jack, but overall cars lives up to its image. Wife loves to drive it, and feels very secure doing so in adverse weather.

Looks, power, room

Upgrade interior a couple of notches