2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Jag's got it RIGHT!!
By William Shepherd on 01/09/07 09:36 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife and she loves it. I had reservations due to the negative Jaguar mechanical image it had in the past but let me tell you that this Jag is awesome! The all wheel drive is incredible. The power in the V6 3.0 will put you in your seat. We now love it.

First Jaguar
By Bryan on 01/02/07 14:46 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with this car. I believe it offers a lot for the price and am glad I bought it. It is small, nimble and responsive enough to be fun to drive. Yet it is big enough to have room for four people. The fold down rear seat together with a decent sized trunk provide good luggage carrying capacity as well. The gas mileage is good especially in view of its performance. The all wheel drive has been a comfort in winter driving. I have had no mechanical or quality problems with it. All in all an excellent ownership experience.

What a Mistake
By LGross on 11/08/06 05:31 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When we walked into the showroom my husband and I fell in love with the JagX. It didn't take long to find out we had made a mistake. In the two years that we have owned this car it has been in the shop 25 times. Rattles and noises have been endless. Many have been fixed just to come back again. We put on our third set of tires at 55,000 miles. Remote locks have been fixed 4 times. Dashboard has popped up 4 times and currently rattling again. Electric windows broke, wheel covers fell off, seatbelts jammed, wind leak in windows, door jammed from outside, Grinding/rubbing noise when stopping. Rattles everywhere! Looks nice but grrrrr! I will do more investigating next time I buy.

Great Car For the Money
By Ann Marie on 10/14/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. All wheel drive with luxury combined. I had a 2002 model, but the 2004 is much better. The 3.0 is the way to go, with power & response. Steering is great, and it hugs the road well, even turning at high speeds. Reliability is fine. Dash vents keep popping out, but those are just plastic parts. Overall, the car is very well built.

Robert
By robert on 09/15/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Number one when I tell people I bought my wife a jaguar x they think I spent a lot of money but not really. The car is a lot of fun to drive, holds the road great, fast when I need it, stops great also. I feel safe. The warranty is very good and the company contacts you on every thing. But two things I dont like are brake dust on the wheels and it looks like the Ford Taurus sometimes.

04 jag x-type
By oechsli on 06/11/06 17:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car I ever bought. Rides like a tin can. So many little problems- with lights, sunroof, stereo, wipers,etc. Passenger seat difficult to recline- not power. Wouldn't recommend this car to anyone!

Surprisingly good car
By J. Gormelski on 05/29/06 16:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted something everyone else doesn't have that was stylish and had AWD. This car fills the bill. Despite what reviewers say, I really like the JGate shifter. Haven't had any problems at all, except the re- programming of my key remote. Great in the winter...and the car always turns heads.

Outstanding Car
By lydia on 05/02/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a truly outstanding vehicle. We have 22000 miles without a single problem other than the tires wearing out very prematurely. Service has been outstanding. Fantastic in snow.

Value for the Money
By Roy Fazio on 05/01/06 05:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

When shopping, compared my X-Type to Audi, MC C Class and BMI and after options were piled (leather, CD,etc.,) the other vehicles were $5K more. This car comes loaded. Car handles great and is fun to drive. Solidly built. Had a few minor trim problems when i first bought the car (vents loose and visor mirrors), but dealership swiftly too care of problems. Car is great in snow too.

2004 Jaguar X-Type AWD - Great Car
By Tbirdtony on 04/23/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2003 Acura 3.2 TL when I decided to purchase an entry level luxury car. After 1 year I traded it for the 2004 Jaguar. Driving the Acura was like owning a Honda Accord. The Acura had paper thin sheet metal, a fair interior, and I received 2 recalls on the engine & transmission. After 2 years of owning the 2004 Jaguar I am still impressed. Great build quality, great interior, good power, great AWD, and no problems or recalls. The Jaguar dealer provides great service on the FREE scheduled maintenance. This is a great entry level luxury car.