Used 2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Kitty Corners
By Chief

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I found a steal on a 2004 2.5 X-type with only 21k mileage. I couldn't resist at the under 10k price despite their maintenance reputation. I was shocked at how well it handles and with the 5 speed and 200 horses it can be driven like the cat it is. I'm sure the 3.0 or the 430 horse versions are nice improvements. Being in the NW I appreciate the AWD in the snow but the torquey nature of the car will set you sliding if you're not careful. Not an Outback for sure but it looks hotter!

Favorite Features

The handling is the best. I love drifting around a wet cloverleaf knowing I can snap it into place when I see fit.

Suggested Improvements

The headlight assembly is not Japanese but Tata should learn from them what Ford apparently didn't!

Piece of junk
By Buddy

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in 2004. I have only 35000 miles and this started giving me problems before even it reached 20,000 miles. I have spent over $2500 on repairs. Now I hear whining noise when I drive and my dealer says it needs all new hoses $2000. I must say quality of Jaguar is far worst than any other car in the market. It's not worth $10,000 I can't believe I paid over $32,000 for this junk. I would never ever buy any Jaguar ever.

Favorite Features

NONE

Awesome Luxury Car
By Jaguar man

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my first jaguar A 2004 Jaguar x type 3.0 With sport package And love it..It seems to ride great good pick up power all around great car a little expensive for insurance and plates but the car is well worth it..Love the heated seats and the seats are very comfortable I have put 3000 miles already on it... A very dependable car. I love the looks that people give when they see the car - looks like a million bucks very sleek look. The gas millage is not as good as advertised but I get about 20 miles to the gallon. I did do a lot of research on this car before I bought it and seen a lot of positive stuff about it

Favorite Features

The sport package, sunroof, heated seats, the power it has.

Suggested Improvements

More power outlets there is only one there needs to be at least four and maybe a bigger back seat there is no way 2 adults can fit back there comfortably.

Awesome car!!
By Josh boyles

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I saw this car and fell in love with it. Love the awd and the sport button, fast. Great horsepower. My first jag and so far am very impressed, the awd is great and the pick up power is nice to have.

Favorite Features

the motor, the style, the color

Suggested Improvements

bigger back seat, more power outlets

Why bad reviews?
By David

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do not understand why Edmunds rates this car down, I nearly did not buy it in '04 because of that and it has been a terrific car! It handles wonderful in all types of road conditions, it has great pep and I always get 26+mph, if I slow down to speed limit of 5 above it goes up to 27+. Even after 5 years people still admire it and make comments. I always trade by 4 years but I can't find anything I like better. The only criticism I have is premium gas requirement. The ride is a bit stiff but the handling more than makes up for it. Listen to the owners Edmunds, we like this car.

Favorite Features

Love the reverse sensors and the fact that the trunk and fold down rear seats will accommodate my tent and gear if I go camping.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a compass option rather than expensive GPS only.