Used 2004 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

5 years in and I still love it!
By uab9253

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought mine new in December 2004 and I still love this car. I have had 50000 relatively trouble free miles. I have only had bulbs, battery, fluids replaced - just got a rear brake job. Like another reviewer, I switched from Continental to Fuzion tires - they seem to be holding up much better and look good too. I also have the cloth wrinkling along the supports on each side of the windshield. This car has never left me, embarrassed me or sent me to the shop. I only just now have to pay for service- Dealer prices were a shock. I've probably gone there for the last time - minor stuff I'll have done at a local garage. Glorified oil change at 50K "Service" miles was $500.

Don't use the AWD in snow because we don't get much and all other drivers are idiots in snow, but it does track well. Interior is very nice. This car still looks showroom new, but I have babied it. Love the Jaguar mystique.

Headlamp bulb assemblies make changing your own bulbs nearly impossible. Would have loved daytime running lights. Cupholders are tight.

Kitty Corners
By Chief

2004 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I found a steal on a 2004 2.5 X-type with only 21k mileage. I couldn't resist at the under 10k price despite their maintenance reputation. I was shocked at how well it handles and with the 5 speed and 200 horses it can be driven like the cat it is. I'm sure the 3.0 or the 430 horse versions are nice improvements. Being in the NW I appreciate the AWD in the snow but the torquey nature of the car will set you sliding if you're not careful. Not an Outback for sure but it looks hotter!

The handling is the best. I love drifting around a wet cloverleaf knowing I can snap it into place when I see fit.

The headlight assembly is not Japanese but Tata should learn from them what Ford apparently didn't!

Piece of junk
By Buddy

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in 2004. I have only 35000 miles and this started giving me problems before even it reached 20,000 miles. I have spent over $2500 on repairs. Now I hear whining noise when I drive and my dealer says it needs all new hoses $2000. I must say quality of Jaguar is far worst than any other car in the market. It's not worth $10,000 I can't believe I paid over $32,000 for this junk. I would never ever buy any Jaguar ever.

NONE

Awesome Luxury Car
By Jaguar man

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my first jaguar A 2004 Jaguar x type 3.0 With sport package And love it..It seems to ride great good pick up power all around great car a little expensive for insurance and plates but the car is well worth it..Love the heated seats and the seats are very comfortable I have put 3000 miles already on it... A very dependable car. I love the looks that people give when they see the car - looks like a million bucks very sleek look. The gas millage is not as good as advertised but I get about 20 miles to the gallon. I did do a lot of research on this car before I bought it and seen a lot of positive stuff about it

The sport package, sunroof, heated seats, the power it has.

More power outlets there is only one there needs to be at least four and maybe a bigger back seat there is no way 2 adults can fit back there comfortably.

Awesome car!!
By Josh boyles

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I saw this car and fell in love with it. Love the awd and the sport button, fast. Great horsepower. My first jag and so far am very impressed, the awd is great and the pick up power is nice to have.

the motor, the style, the color

bigger back seat, more power outlets