Used 2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Great Car To Drive
By Fizzle

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this from dealer as a demo with only 1600 miles. Car handles great and has never needed any major repairs. I am upgrading to the new XJ as a result of my wonderful experience with this model. X-type is an entry level Jag but if you want a car different from every other model on the road this is it.

Car handles great and no matter where you go people like to see a Jag pull up.

i-pod jack would have been nice, and phone on dash

Ok for a first luxury car
By Jason

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was 25 when I bought my X-type, my first "luxury" car after I finished grad school. The car is not perfect as it has been in the shop several times and I've spent about $2000 on little annoyances in just a few months, but I feel safe and its no lemon. Be sure to find a reputable repairman quick! The car is BEAUTIFUL to look at and after a year of ownership I still turn back and look at it. The interior is also nice but the seats are a little flat. Gas mileage is OK and my 3.0 in sport mode picks up pretty well. In sum if you're looking for a true luxury car you may want to look elsewhere but if you're young and looking for a eye-catching ride you can't go wrong with the X-type 3.0.

exterior, interior, sound system, nice leather, price

reliability, build quality, seat position, steering wheel position, rear legroom

who has a lemon
By oh well

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for schematics of the front diff. (pumpkin) and came to Edmunds and found this review of a lady totally dissatisfied with her x- type. I am sorry but I purchased a 04 with 40,000 miles for my wife and the car has been exceptional. Nothing but normal stuff...rear brakes. this lady who says it has been nothing but trouble must have received a Monday/Friday car and am truly sorry she cannot enjoy the luxury of a Jaguar. This is what Ford intended...to have a luxury car be affordable to the middle class. I am a GM fan, oh well can't win them all.

LEMON !!
By N.

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this car for me for my 40th birthday. Not a day goes by without regret. It has been nothing short of disastrous. It has been in the shop 7 times for the same two problems: 1)grinding noise located in the right front 2) at about 35 mph the engine begins to vibrate - best description: feels like you are driving over a washboard. They actually REPLACED the engine and it still is not fixed. The interior is falling apart. The lining surrounding the front and back windows is peeling off. The visor mirrors are broken. The back seat seat belts have broken. The glove box will not close properly. Electrical side mirror adjustment switch is faulty. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!

none

discontinue manufacturing

Wow and more WOW
By Sexy Cat

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the funnest and most sexy cars to drive I just fell in love. I was choosing between this and a Mazda 6 and hands down I am so happy I chose this car. It just makes ya feel like you are better than you really are and that is something you can't put a price on. I get out and just stare at it and have tripped on things from not watching where I am going. If you are EVER lucky enough to buy 1 DO IT!

Sexy car. Makes you feel Fanfreakingtastic when your rolling down the road with your sexy cat purring beneath your feet. The thing is that it is sweet enough to drive when your young and yet classy enough to drive when your older. I LOVE this car. What a steal.