Used 2004 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

2004 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Great Car
By Hawthorne

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car back in March and am completely satisfied with this vehicle. To have a car of this class for the near giveaway price is something to speak of.

In Love with Jaq
By dchonj

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this car. It's a beauty to behold, and a price tag that's more than $10K less than equally equipped BMW330xi or MB C320. The two weeks since we took it home, it's performance has exceeded our expectations.

Favorite Features

Wood and leather steering wheel, 17" tires, AWD.... too many to list

Suggested Improvements

If the body is stretched about 6" wider and longer, this car will look awesome and have enough room to be considered a full-size sedan.

Sure-footed in bad weather
By Kellylvms

2004 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car performs incredibly well on snowy and icy roads. That's not to say that anyone should purposefully be taking risks in bad weather, but this car has proved itself. We live on a hill with a winding lane. One day last winter I started down the lane and realized I had forgotten something. I put the car in reverse, and while on ice and snow, the car went backward without hesitation up a hill and around curves. I was amazed! Most cars can't get up my lane in winter going forward! I can only hope that the repair record for this car is excellent because I plan to keep it for a long, long time.

Favorite Features

The all wheel drive capability. Having this safety feature on a beautifully designed car is wonderful. I've driven the SUV route--this is soooo much better!

Suggested Improvements

Can't understand why the gas mileage couldn't be a bit better. I would like to see that improved. Also, I would like to be able to open just my back windows without having a lot of air turbulence.

Jaguar x type
By MamaLisa

2004 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car. It handles beautifully and I get good gas milege. I have done many road trips and never had any problems. a very luxurious interior and most enjoyable for all passengers.The few things that did happen were immediately handled by the dealer with excellent communication and attention to needs. It's the best model to drive during the winter months and handled beautifully during snow storms up and down hills. This is the first leased car that I actually plan on replacing when the lease is up this coming spring. I highly reccomend this model.

Favorite Features

The spacious luxurious interior. The very smoothe drive. The all wheel feature which makes it a much more practical automobile.

Suggested Improvements

None......

Fantastic bang for the buck
By chipster

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I opted for the 3.0 Sport Package. Excellent vehicle with a significant offering of luxury, for a very impressive price. The Sport package adds nice, tight handling. The interior is gorgeous, and the seats are extremely comfortable. The auto climate control is easy to operate, and keeps the cabin quite pleasant. The Engine could be a tad beefier. The 320-watt sound system, gets rather distorted at higher volumes, and the subwoofer lacks "punch". Shift pattern is very smooth, but the "sport" mode seems to offer little value, or shift change. Sport package affords an array of bigger, nicer wheels.

Favorite Features

Sport package handling and suspension. HID headlamps vastly improve night driving. The exterior of this car is gorgeous. The real woodwork inside is quite appealing. The quality of leather in the cabin is very high, and rather supple. Simply a blast to drive, and easy to handle.

Suggested Improvements

More torque and horsepower please! The "Sport" mode transmission button seems to make no noticable changes - would appreciate a "harder" shift in sport mode. Premium sound system needs to be revisited - lacks punch. "J-shifter" is clumsy, and seems outdated.