Used 2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Jaggy
By Ramjam Baklam

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best cars you can buy
By Derek Echanique

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd car I have owned in my 3 years of driving. I originally bought it because when I was a kid my dad had a Jag XJ8L and I loved it. This car has been outstanding for me. But I was given a offer that I couldn't refuse which made me put the Jag up for a little. I ended up driving a BMW 740iL (E38) Sport for about a year and a half. But coming back to the Jag was a great decision. I can't more pleased to return to a car. The only down side of that is the BMW had a V8 vs a V6 so I am use to a little bit more power, but I can get over that. This car is outstanding!

Pleasant Surprise!!!
By TW

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Proves the mistaken reaction to owning a Jaguar. Most of the adverse reviews come from individuals that have never owned one. Normal preventative maintenance provides pleasant ownership.

220,000 miles and still looks new
By dennis

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a ton of cars and this is right up there with Mercedes etc.
Still shines like new.
Yes, I have had to replace some things - sensors and cooling system but the car never died.
Repairs are not cheap but I'm still going on long trips without a worry.
AWD is a big plus.
I have so many miles on it the website won't let me plug it in !

160k miles & going strong
By jimmhs73

2004 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2004 X-Type 3.0 in January, 2011 for $6k. It had 117k, was in excellent shape (except tires), and only one previous owner. The car has been great - routine maintenance, replaced compressor for A/C, couple of minor repairs, all done by local garage vs Jag dealer - less than $2200 in 4 years. Heads-up: rear seat leg room minimal. Fabric covering front roof supports has separated - used fabric glue to repair (easy fix). Requires premium gasoline - upside is it gets 25-27 mpg on trips, only 20 around town. AWD a plus however low ground clearance hinders going in deep snow. Been a great car - no regrets!

"Leaper" on front hood - yep, love the ext styling. Great acceleration; good handling & braking; has been extremely reliable and low-cost to own (other than premium gasoline). Fun to drive! Even after 11 years, the paint looks almost new - folks can't believe it is an '04.

Headlight fixtures that break and thus headlights frequently out of alignment; tough to replace light bulbs for headlights - very cramped. Better glue for interior fabric.