2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Love My Jag!
By Lydia on 08/22/05 23:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a "certifed" Jaguar 2 months ago. The car is fun to drive, responsive and very comfortable. It came very well equipped. If your looking for an X type--buy used. The depreciation is very high on a new X type which is why I went used.

SKIP this Model!
By sammyg on 08/13/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is not a real Jaguar- Never had a Jag before, and after having all sorts of problems with my Audi A6 (no dealerships on Long Island could figure out what was wrong with the car), I swapped it for the X-type. What a mistake! The instrument gauges work intermittently (YES, sometimes they are just still, reading 0 MPH when on the freeway, etc.), the car SQUEAKS over every bump and dip in the road, the automatic headlights only work when they want to, and the dashboard vents curl up (had these replaced under warranty twice, still curls up! I've given up on these). The rear park sensors don't always work. NOT acceptable for a $36k car. Look elsewhere when shopping in this category.

Great car!
By Deb on 03/03/05 09:42 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Car handles like a charm. I have the 2.5 and it's all I need. Snow is no problem with the AWD. Love the way it hugs the road. I would prefer a little more head room, but I'm very happy with it overall.

Against the grain
By baisley1 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Much better car than "experts" say. Drawbacks are in two areas: 1) Not enough oomph: care must downshift to get away from itself. 2) Rear seat legroom is grossly inadequate. Big plus is the tremendous first rate service of the dealer (Heritage Jaguar, Freeport, NY)

Jaguar X-Type 2.5 awd
By Mikeps on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this 2003 X-type (manual transmission) with 5,400 miles. I love it so far. Have had it for four months and have had no problems yet. The awd is excellent. Near impossible to spin a tire or lose control of car. Acceleration is good and handling is great. Exterior styling turns heads wherever I go.

Do NOT buy this car!
By WendyLouise on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is far and away the WORST car I have ever owned. Absolutely ZERO pick- up, lengthy mechanical issues incl electrical, and about as much energy as if it were two hamsters running the wheel instead of an engine. I can't WAIT for the lease to end. Loathe this vehicle.

what a car!!
By ilsa on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The jaguar x type is a fantastic auto!! Deserves a look if you are looking for a luxury mid sized car. Best deals seem to be buying one after it has been leased for a year or less, with 10000 or less miles. Handles the wisconsin snow like no car I have ever driven. We are x type owners for life!! Handles extremely well in any conditions and has power to spare. The sport seats really hug your rear end and not that its too uncomfortable but you do have to get used to it.

The Gage Report
By Chrissyeye on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a pre-owned 2003 - 3.0 in June of 2004. Owning a Jaguar has always been my dream. Now that the "kiddies" are gone, I have one and I love it. I have all the options except navigation. I am waiting to see what the AWD does in the Chicago snow. I would definately buy another. Just one thing, for the price I think the car should have a bit more of a super- charged engine, a little more get up and go or possibly a better transition when vehicle is shifting gears and a better suspension or tires even, could feel a little more softer over bumps, and God knows Chicago has plenty of those. Other than that, this 50's plus female is "In Love with her car".

Fast cat
By jkd on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

What a fun ride! The car's suspension is so smooth, it almost feels as if I am riding on air! It corners tight, not much play in the wheel, and has great acceleration. The interior is luxurious yet sporty and the sound system is excellent. I've driven this car long distances, back and forth from Ohio to Florida several times, and found it to be super on gas - between 29 and 32 mph, of course I use nothing but premium, but it's worth it. Did I mention the design? It's lines are gorgeous... I'm in love with my car! Oooh......

Niiiiice Cat !!
By Ad-man on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car pleases the driver in every way. From the tight handling to the smooth ride. Interior amenities are superb. (The seats seem pretty firm at first, but they make you love them with a little use) I have a near base 2.5 automatic. First impression is little weak off line until you are serious, then the claws come out! Exterior says JAG in no uncertain terms, and truly grabs attention. Great Car!