2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Jag X-Type good value used
By jldecker on 07/07/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Car has lived up to expectations. It is not a performance monster, but has good pick up and decent gas mileage (hwy has hit 28 mpg, averages 26-27, around 22 in town). Build quality is acceptable and the interior is simple but well done. Awd and braking are the best features on the X-type, especially for winter weather driving.

X-tremely Pleased
By Pete on 07/07/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased used with 12,000 miles for about 1/2 original retail. The manual 5 spd. provides plenty of zip with the 2.5, and the AWD handles like a dream. By far the best feature is the exterior styling but a close second is the outstanding warranty Jag provides on certified used cars (bumper to bumper, 100k/6 years from original date of purchase). Finally, I enjoy not seeing dozens of other cars like mine (I see about a dozen BMW 3 series for each X-Type), and people think I spent a LOT more than I did! Someday, I'll graduate to an XK, but I hope to be a Jaguar owner for life.

2003 X-Type
By Ron Turkett on 06/28/06 20:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had differential, prop shaft and window regulator replace along with dash electrical and other smaller items. The dealer had the car for more than one week for the first three months and then not so frequent.

2003 Jaguar X-Type
By lotusu on 05/10/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's almost a perfect car to drive to anywhere, any weather, any season of the year. It's also a low maintenance car.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By chuggins on 05/10/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This can has some of the best features and quality craftsmanship I have seen in any vehicle I have ever owned.

Great car-as long as it's under warranty
By cleveJag on 02/03/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 03 X-Type 3.0 as a Select Edition certified car. It is truly a wonderful vehicle despite it's poor reputation. The drive is very smooth, the engine quiet and refined. The leather and wood wraps you in luxury that feels much more expensive than what the car actually costs. Prepare to get to know your service advisor if you purchase one of these cars, however. In the 5 months that I've had mine, it's been in the shop for about a month. No major problems have been encountered, just replacing parts that had rattles, whines, vibrations, etc. As long as it's under warranty, I want as smooth a ride as I can get

My Cat
By Tami Herman on 01/03/06 10:09 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has provided not only a fun driving experience but also an elevated sense of self esteem. It's been reliable for this Northeasterner and outpaced our Volvo Cross Country in severe weather conditions.

Can You Resist ?
By Simply the Best . on 10/20/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 4 Infiniti G20t prior to this 2003 Jaguar X-type. I have owned many other automobiles also and this is by far the best. I am a Jaguar owner for life. The car is awesome, handles really well, grips the road as if it had claws. So comfortable and quiet, love the purr of the engine as it takes off with no hesitation. Beautiful interior and exterior. You can`t help but to turn around and give it another glance while walking away. I love my Jaguar!

Flawless
By H Pharzd on 10/05/05 08:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The ride is excellent for a small vehicle. The all wheel drive and size makes it a luxury compact. Easy to park, drive... All service for the vehicle is included. Everytime the car is serviced it is completely detailed at no extra cost. I have wanted a Jaguar since 1975. I have always liked their looks. The Jaguar is 3 years old and I still get compliments on it. If you are looking for a respected people car buy a Jaguar. If you like harsh ride and odd controls buy German.

love that jag
By kiwi on 09/18/05 20:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Feels great to drive. Holds the road very well. My wife can't stand it when I take it around turns at a little bit faster than our other cars:- ).