Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Nice car... at 53 mph I get 32 mpg
By Rob

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The all wheel drive is great. When driving 53 MPH I get 32 mpg or more. Great for highway trips!

awd

car isn't in production anymore so I don't see the point...

"Experts"???
By HistoryDocBob

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was an MG driver for many years and have always enjoyed the "British" feel for a car. Yes, the X-type is not a standard Jag, but with gas at $4, who would want one? This car is perfect for what we all do -- drive to work, the Metro or run a few errands. I find nothing "cheap" about the interior; the camel interior goes beautifully with the British racing green exterior. Yes, I can't get to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds, but Ford (which has a long tradition in building British cars) has put together just the right package of performance, appearance and creature comforts to make this car worth every dime. You'd be a fool to waste your money on a far more expensive German or high-end Japanese car.

Appearance, comfort of front seat, smooth engine and easy shifting (mine can drive in either manual or automatic). The brakes and 4 wheel drive did save my life one rainy day, something a buyer should think about.

None

A nice car that I love to keep
By Hank

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has meant several things to me: Nice looks, decent power (3 liter), all wheel drive (AWD) versatility and of course, the Jaguar brand name. It feels great when friends and strangers recognize the brand and make positive comments about its looks. This is my 5th year of ownership and I still like its looks and feel. I liked it so much I decided to not trade it in when I recently bought a new car. The 3 liter engine feels strong and satisfying in most situations although the automatic transmission loses a second or two when downshifting in sudden acceleration. It makes up for this in smooth operation when needing to pass. Last but not least, the AWD feature has been great in snow/ice.

AWD, exterior styling, interior comfort, Jaguar name

Better fuel economy, given its need for premium fuel

Tab's Jag is all PRRR and no GRRRR
By Tab's Jag

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 in January 0f 2008 and I love it. It was a blessing that fell in my lap and once I saw what a great deal it was I couldn't pass it up. Well, 4 months later I am deftly happy with it. I have had no issues whatsoever and it gets many head nods. I just tell all the people who think I must be cavorting a lot more money than they thought to be driving it, that a blessing came my way and it keeps blessing me over and over again. It is grey with woodgrade integrated with the black leather interior. Also, yes it has a pretty sleek look and everyone loves it. I appreciate and love it!!

-Sport Feature -Sleek Look -No maintenance problems

The gas mileage is my only gripe. It eats up gas, however, as long as I'm employed I can deal with that. ;)

My Baby Jag
By AL

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had mine for almost a year now with no problems. The car handles like no other I have ever owned, it has good power, and it turns heads like no car I have ever owned, and this thing will really take a corner at any speed, no torque steer, no drift, a joy to drive.

Great styling, good power, comfortable, excellent handling.

Could do a bit better on gas mileage, but at 27-28 highway 18-21 city is acceptable, Jaguar bluetooth telephone option hard to get, difficult to install and way too expensive at $2000 if purchased with new car or installed in used no price difference.

• SUV