2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Great Car
By Steven on 03/28/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's a Jag and it is one of the most reliable cars cars I have ever owned (and I have had many) in 4 years it has only been back to the dealer 1 time for a loose front seat. The free maintenance to 40K has been nice. Overall it has been a good experience. Mileage has been good for an AWD car @ 22.5 mpg. I am very happy, thanks to Ford, Jaguar builds a nice car and you don't need to get a tow truck contract to go with it. I am happy happy happy.

Misconceptions
By speedster2 on 02/14/07 07:01 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Jaguar X-Type 2003 used and I do not regret it one bit. When considering to buy this car, everyone doubted it, saying its only nice on the exterior. I was told the reliability was terrible, no dealerships in the area, and that it was not worth the headache because the parts are expensive. I have not had to bring the car in to the dealership ONCE, only for an oil change. Overall this car is a fantastic buy, great price, GREAT reliability, and tons of fun. I have this car at college, and it gets looks of admiration and impression. Another great feature of this car is it all wheel drive, which is unusual for an SUV. I am very grateful for buying it.

Fun car to drive
By sudhir on 01/30/07 11:19 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first luxury car - moving from a Camry, this car swept me off my feet. I call this my little cat. Fun to drive, very stable and very comfortable. My car has sport mode and it accelerates like a cheetah - or shall I say a Jaguar. :). I am very satisfied with the ride, except for its reliability.

No other premium offers this much for $
By Xenon on 12/29/06 04:38 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've considered a Saab 9-3 and an Audi A4 when deciding. They're both great cars, but the Jaguar X-Type offered more options, more character, more driving enjoyment, more emotional involvement than any other at the price. Every trip in this car is a special occasion. Reliability and quality has been far above my expectations so far.

Jag Fan
By Brealgq on 09/04/06 11:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have only had my X for a couple but it is one of the best decisions I have made. So far it has been pure heaven and all my friends are wondering how? I love the 3 series but the Jag was better price for me. I am 6'5" and I am very comfortable.

Kudos to X-Type
By b. dandar on 08/03/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying the X-Type I used to drive an XJ8. Although I love the style and ride of the XJ8, I always felt that the XJ8 was too much car for me (I am 5' tall and petite). The X-Type is a glove fit for me and I am so pleased that I made the change. My husband who has an XR series, was firmly against the X-Type predicting a litany of problems, etc. Happily, I have had no problems. The X-Type is sporty and stylish with many of the interior features of the XJ8. The trunk space is much larger than in the XJ8 and the rear seats fold down with minimal effort if more space is needed. I feel so connected with my car and I'll be in the market again within the next two years for another X-Type!

Terrific Vehicle - Highly Recommended
By Sam on 07/27/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this after evaluating the competition. Best price compared to options offered as well as stylish interior and exterior. Wish I had gotten the 3.0, but will get that next. Highly recommended as it is powerful, well built (only in the dealership for no-charge oil changes), gets looks, and is well-priced.

Jaguar X-Type 2003
By Jaquar Owner on 07/24/06 14:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Jaguar X-Type 2.5L has the stance of champion race car but, unfortunately, its designers and engineers forgot about the power curve. Its power to weight is insufficient to move it quickly from a standing start even if you jump on the accelerator. If you want that kind of performance, don't buy this car. For me, that didn't matter, the car rides like a dream in all weather conditions, tracks straight and true and no amount of snow can stop it. The sound system is excellent. If you like cruising, this car will hum along at 100 mph. all day without a problem. Remember: The X-Type was bred for the autobahn not the drag strip. If that's what you're looking for, this is the car for you.

X-Type 3.0 2003 Review
By JDR on 07/23/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with this car. Purchased in 2006 in near immaculate condition. Ride, look, comfort are wonderful. The used price was amazing (with many extras from the dealership - shopping around and being prepared was very useful).

Fun and Style
By Cancunense on 07/22/06 04:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lets face it...! the type of car you drive reflects who you are. There is no way to have more fun and style than driving a gorgeous Jaguar... at least at this price range :) Love the way it sounds and the fast response from a 3.0 brisk engine. Interior is well balanced with leather and wood trimmings.