Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

A SOLID RELIABLE CAT
By str8cash

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this x-type for 3 years and I bought it with 125,000 miles on it. I am the 2nd owner.It now has 160,000+ miles and still runs & looks like new. Only things I have had to do is oil changes and a new coolant tank ($129.00 ebay).
This car was very well maintained by the original owner and that is key. She had all maint records and only major repair was new rear struts. Other items were normal wear items, brake pads, oil changes,tune up, coolant flush, tires, battery,etc. I have owned several Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, Acura, Cadillac, Mercedes vehicles and this is my favorite. AWD is fantastic. Car is now 10 yrs old & still gets looks.
I would recommend this car without question.

Beautiful interior Very reliable All Wheel Drive Kitty on the hood

A little more rear leg room

Great Car for the Money
By jagmeister1

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2.5L automatic in June of 2010. When I first got the car there were some "gremlins" especially electrical that came and gone. In September the battery went. I was able to put a charge to it and when and got a OEM battery. Wow all the gremlins were gone. When I bought it it had 23046 miles and now June 2011 I turned 26000 miles. Except for the electrical gremlins I have no problems with the car until about a month ago. I have the optional HID self leveling headlights, no washers on the lights. The interior mechanism broke in both headlights, and they could no longer be adjusted. One pointed to space the other to the ground. Jaguar does not make replacement parts for these lights,.

Handling, comfort, style, AWD, sound system.

As I( was writing above there are no replacement parts for the HID lights and they retail for over $1000 each, plus install. I got very lucky however. I searched Ebay and found a company in Houston, TX that makes replacement parts for the cheap plastic used by Jaguar. They aren't cheap either $75 per light, but that nothing compared to the replacement HID headlamps. Also, the gas mileage is terrible, 13/14 mpg around town and 21/22 mpg highway. I've changed the plugs, air filter, PCV valve and house, cleaned the TB and very little improvement. Jaguar doesn't make this car any longer so they can't do any improvements. However the HID headlights are a very common problem and no improve.

Just Great
By keith

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 60K miles and now after just over 2 years have 144,000 miles. Only just replaced brakes, replaced radiator overflow tank and put in new plugs at 100K. Have done nothing else. Gas mileage is great. Paid $10K and get offers for $7-8K all the time. Most people think it is a 20K+ car. Great for road trips. Handles great in all areas. I expect to easily get another 100K miles out of this car.

Style, the Platinum color is great too

Need one more cup holder. I almost feel silly saying this.

Not sure yet
By Chris Parrilli

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for two weeks and already put in &1,860.00. The dealer did a lousy job preping the car. I do love the look of the car I hope this is just a series of problems now solved. We will see

Looks Style Seating Driving Handeling all good so far.

I don;t know yet

"She saved my life"
By specialT

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Don't believe the critics. This baby was the safest, smartest, high performance car that just "growled" to be driven. Had her for a total of 6 yrs goin on 7. May have lost her for good b/c she took the tree; not me. Had her out in the snow 1st and only time,hit ice, hit tree. Sprained left hand, bump and bruise on rt knee. Airbag deployed, but no other bruises etc. hit head on, missed the jag on hood, headlights in tact. Radiator pushed in, motor to be assessed. ALOT of safety features deployed. Yet to have the adjuster take a look. 12-31- 09 so it's been 10 days. We'll know when we get the hood up. Either way, this girl was the best car I ever had (have). She won't even turn over.

The smoothness of the ride and the utmost control of the steering. Also, when she growled you knew what this car wanted to do.

More leg room. Duel electric frt. seats.