Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Not sure yet
By Chris Parrilli

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for two weeks and already put in &1,860.00. The dealer did a lousy job preping the car. I do love the look of the car I hope this is just a series of problems now solved. We will see

Favorite Features

Looks Style Seating Driving Handeling all good so far.

Suggested Improvements

I don;t know yet

"She saved my life"
By specialT

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Don't believe the critics. This baby was the safest, smartest, high performance car that just "growled" to be driven. Had her for a total of 6 yrs goin on 7. May have lost her for good b/c she took the tree; not me. Had her out in the snow 1st and only time,hit ice, hit tree. Sprained left hand, bump and bruise on rt knee. Airbag deployed, but no other bruises etc. hit head on, missed the jag on hood, headlights in tact. Radiator pushed in, motor to be assessed. ALOT of safety features deployed. Yet to have the adjuster take a look. 12-31- 09 so it's been 10 days. We'll know when we get the hood up. Either way, this girl was the best car I ever had (have). She won't even turn over.

Favorite Features

The smoothness of the ride and the utmost control of the steering. Also, when she growled you knew what this car wanted to do.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room. Duel electric frt. seats.

Beautiful Cat
By Jagged edge

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Jag a little over a year now, its power and handling is impressive. This Jag is as beautiful inside as it is on the outside. The 3.0 handles my heavy foot. At first I did not like the AWD till driving through a heavy snow and I was then glad to have it. People who see it look then look again, and I can't help but smile and say "yes its a Jag".

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

Problems with the beams, and replacing them is a pain.

Buy new every four years
By X owner

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Jag used with 12,000 miles. Dealer gave us two new tires. At 22,000 had to replace all 4, this was with proper rotation schedule. Needed brakes every 30,000. It has always hated cold weather even though it was garage kept. Major hose repairs at 30,000. New battery at 60,000. Key fob still unlocks, up close. Driver door lock system had to be replaced. Drivers door panel fell off due to broken clips, twice! Not to mention the constant repair of the passenger side defroster vent so it would not rattle. Also found rust starting on hood, almost one year after rust warranty has ended. Have 78,000 miles. The engine light is on again. Trading this week. What a relief! Kept 'cause no payment.

Favorite Features

The color and styling was awesome!

Suggested Improvements

More interior leg room and head room. Jag dealer should extend warranties to cover piddly junk that falls apart constantly!

Life Long Buick Man
By Life long Buick Man

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After toying for many years with the idea of "upgrading", I couldn't get excited about anything but a Jaguar. The interior is soothingly comfortable and the exterior is exciting. This car is the smoothest, quietest car I've ever owned and the 2.5 motor will have me collecting speeding tickets if I'm not careful. I get 26 mpg around town and still look for opportunities to just get out and drive. I'm 6-2 but the interior fits me fine. I love the looks and comments I get and that it looks more expensive then it is. I can't imagine ever needing more then this - "Baby Jag" delivers!

Favorite Features

The whole interior and exterior. I love the smooth top end acceleration too.

Suggested Improvements

I don't care for the cheap center console.