Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

With jags like this we all should get 1!
By xjag4me

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Buying the jag was the easiest buying experience ever for a car: no stress, no sales pushes, no trouble. Dealer bent backward for me. Others claim the 2.5 doesnt have enough power - it has plenty of power for most people. I love seeing the jaguar statue riding atop the hood in front. Fittings and finish are clean and flush. Gives an appearance of a more expensive jaguar. Although this is a 2003 it has a bunch of stuff not shown on 2003's. Even have cup holders front and rear. Drive is smooth and the seats so comfortable it could be an easy chair. Acceleration is smooth.

Looks, color, safety features.

Cars like this should have navigation system standard.

Great Buy,Great Value
By abmargolin

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This Car is the value of the century! I walked into the showroom and got $6,000 OFF Sticker Price. When I found out what the sticker price was to begin with I thought it was good value. The saleman treated me like a prince. It was the first positive experience buying a new car in years. The only issue I had with the car was that with the sport button was pushed, the car had really low fuel economy. I was later told that I should only use the sport setting on Christmas Day. Besides that, the car has classed up my act.

I loved the value of the car. It does have much better craftmenship then the last Benz I bought. It blows the C-230 away on all fronts.

The passenger side seat is manual. I didn't think to ask about it. It seems natural to me that if it has a drivers side power seat then the passengers seat would be power. I guess not. Not a deal killer, but my wife was alittle pissed.

the review of new orleans boy
By new orleansboy

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Jag is a very built car. This was my first car. I looked at the BMW and Benz but none compared to this car. I put 50000 miles on it since march and has never given me any problems except for winy brakes. Got me from college in Illinios to Louisiana in a breeze.

Great looker, girls love the car. Great car to travel in.

Jag could improve backseat room and Jag could also improve the numbers of cupholders.

Well pleased
By garyh

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had it since May '03. The car is everything that I expected. I get as many, nice car, comments from people as I do in my '02 Thunderbird. Handling and quality are great. I have had no problems with it.

It doesn't look like all the, look alike, Asian cars (Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura) or the German cars for that matter.

Two cupholders up front.

Is subdued ok?
By Padre for Life

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

IMO the X-type lacks the soul and character that BMW, Audi, and now Acura do well building into their cars. It definitely looks the part, with its Jaguar styling cues and the leaper on the hood. But it doesn’t have any of driver dynamics (handling, performance, or quantitative feel) or the solidity (build quality, qualitative feel) that the aforementioned class leaders have. Yes, the X-type rides well, handles competently, and has adequate zip but it doesn't exude that driving excitement to make we want to drive it hard and fast. Maybe that's what Jaguar's after, a subdued experience. If that's what you’re looking for the X- type is right up your alley.

Looks good! Get many admiring stares. Call it curb appeal! The Jaguar name brings instant credibility. Trunk is usable and big.

Build quality needs improvement. Dash makes popping sounds with every bump. Interior materials (plastic door sills, sun visor, secondary controls) are down market. Clutch engagement point is not easily definable and the 5-speed tranny is extremely notchy. Radio needs improvement.