2003 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Entry Level?
By Danjag on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My oh my. They say this is an entry level vehicle? Think again. My wife and I are wondering what professional car editors have against this vehicle? We test drove the BMW 3- series and the Mercedes at comparable prices. IOHO there comparison to fit and finish. No comparison to the service. This look will remain classic for a long time.

AWOL Performance
By Dave in Texas on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Although the 2.5 X-Type doesn't jump off the starting line, it makes up for it in comfort, style and affordability. The X-Type is much more comfortable that my '99 Cadillac Catera and a lot more stylish but just not as zippy. The Sport mode helps some as does the J-Shift automatic transmission. All in all, this entry-level Jaguar is a great buy. Routine maintenance coverage is an unexpected bonus.

Jag X Type-Move over BMW
By TJ2003 on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you're considering purchasing a MW series or an Audi A4 you owe to yourself to look into the Jaguar X Type. The sytle and smoooth ride of this baby is heads above the rest and all for a little over $30K. AWD is standatrd in this vehicle and ca't be beat. It handles superbly and corners better than my Cobra.

Disappointed, Frustrated & Angry
By Let Down on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2003 3.0 Automatic. Loved the car at first - the style and sporty drive. Now after only 10,000 mi I have had the transmission replaced 2X! They finally had to admit that they had transmission problems with these cars. I have talked to other X-Type owners and they have experinced the same thing. At first the dealer denied there was a problem until I made a real stink. It still isn't right so they are calling in Jaguar HQ.

First car in years that I really like!
By M Furst on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first car in years that I've really liked. Particularly the chassis, a part of the car that I've never before paid much attention to, provides a solidity that makes this car a joy - on the highway where I've cruised at 185 km/hour (115 mph) (and don't ask where) and on windy mountain roads (where I went much slower).

big bang for the bucks
By pete sampras on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you buy this model in the 2.5 liter engine, you can keep the price at around $33K with ABS/dynamic stability, heated seats, &c. You won't be able to accelerate fast enough to burn rubber from a dead stop, but jeez - grow up a little. If you can afford the car, you probably are old enough to have a family, and the trunk size is very good. The 2.5 gets up to highway speed very easily (5 speed automatic) and it corners really well, with a quiet solid feel under all conditions, especially on bumpy roads. Also, the all-wheel drive gives you the option of the dynamic stability pkg, which is a must.

Best Entry Lux around
By RJP81101 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded in my 2.5 for the 3.0. The 2.5 was fine, but I wanted more power and speed. The 3.0 has plenty. Also, the X-Type in general is the best handling car on the road. During a very snowy winter this past year, I did not lose traction at all. It is also the best looking car on the road, in my biased opinion!

Made me buy an XJ8 also!
By cali34652 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The lines of this car make my heart palpitate, and the Phoenix red makes it one of the sexiest sedans on the road. Took a demo home for the weekend, went out to dinner that evening, as we waited to be seated everyone in the restaurant was talking about the bright red Jag in the parking lot. Two weeks later I picked up my "arrest me red" kitty. I have yet to have a problem with the X! Now for the bad, Jag service is abysmal. I own two Jags, have had problems with my 2000 XJ8, if you have a problem, expect to get to KNOW your service advisor.

funcar
By siena on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

at this point, one month, I am very pleased with the auto.

I Do Love This Ride
By yachtboy on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have nothing but good things to say about my Jag. It's a 2.5 w/ a 5 speed and it puts the fun back in driving. I've had a few problems with it, but the dealer has never let me down by providing a loaner while my car is serviced. Even though its the least expensive Jag, it impresses others when you say you have a Jag. I also noticed that garages treat you differently when you pull in and bring yu your car. It's not the price of the car, but the image it conveys