Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

2003 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Jaguar X-Type 2.5 awd
By Mikeps

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this 2003 X-type (manual transmission) with 5,400 miles. I love it so far. Have had it for four months and have had no problems yet. The awd is excellent. Near impossible to spin a tire or lose control of car. Acceleration is good and handling is great. Exterior styling turns heads wherever I go.

Favorite Features

AWD is excellent in any conditions. Highway driving is smooth and quiet. Manual transmission is great. Short throws on shifter and smooth clutch. Huge trunk and ample room in back seat.

Suggested Improvements

The leather interior could be of higher quality. Not nearly as nice as some of the competitors.

what a car!!
By ilsa

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The jaguar x type is a fantastic auto!! Deserves a look if you are looking for a luxury mid sized car. Best deals seem to be buying one after it has been leased for a year or less, with 10000 or less miles. Handles the wisconsin snow like no car I have ever driven. We are x type owners for life!! Handles extremely well in any conditions and has power to spare. The sport seats really hug your rear end and not that its too uncomfortable but you do have to get used to it.

Favorite Features

handling in deep snow, responsiveness in dangerous situations, fuel economy, style of car, comfort of ride

Suggested Improvements

Create some way where you can unscrew the leaping cat hood ornament, so that when you are in a questionable area or are away from the car for a long time, you can hide "the cat". They seem to be things that people like to rip off of the car!!

The Gage Report
By Chrissyeye

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a pre-owned 2003 - 3.0 in June of 2004. Owning a Jaguar has always been my dream. Now that the "kiddies" are gone, I have one and I love it. I have all the options except navigation. I am waiting to see what the AWD does in the Chicago snow. I would definately buy another. Just one thing, for the price I think the car should have a bit more of a super- charged engine, a little more get up and go or possibly a better transition when vehicle is shifting gears and a better suspension or tires even, could feel a little more softer over bumps, and God knows Chicago has plenty of those. Other than that, this 50's plus female is "In Love with her car".

Favorite Features

Love the interior, comfort is perfect, sound system is great. Plenty of storage.

Suggested Improvements

A little more "Umf" and should take the bumps a bit better.

Fast cat
By jkd

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

What a fun ride! The car's suspension is so smooth, it almost feels as if I am riding on air! It corners tight, not much play in the wheel, and has great acceleration. The interior is luxurious yet sporty and the sound system is excellent. I've driven this car long distances, back and forth from Ohio to Florida several times, and found it to be super on gas - between 29 and 32 mph, of course I use nothing but premium, but it's worth it. Did I mention the design? It's lines are gorgeous... I'm in love with my car! Oooh......

Favorite Features

I travel frequently and the extraordinary amount of trunk space for luggage is very appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

I would only add a couple inches to the driver's leg room...I am 5'10" and for long distance drives, the extra space would have added to the pleasure.

Niiiiice Cat !!
By Ad-man

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car pleases the driver in every way. From the tight handling to the smooth ride. Interior amenities are superb. (The seats seem pretty firm at first, but they make you love them with a little use) I have a near base 2.5 automatic. First impression is little weak off line until you are serious, then the claws come out! Exterior says JAG in no uncertain terms, and truly grabs attention. Great Car!

Favorite Features

Body styling, rides as if it is much larger than it is, very comfortable. Was in it for 16 hours straight and no driver fatigue. Just no substitute for the prestige of driving a Jag.

Suggested Improvements

Two cupholders in front would be nice, better rain guttering (flow will come into Driver window if open) Overral best car experience.