2003 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Big mistake for my money.
By nomorejags14 on 09/01/13 22:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it for my wife, even so it was used for only three years, after a week the radio screen stop working, not long the wheels bent(all four). Check engine light came on, cat converter 2, after replacing twice the light stills on, then all codes possibles were detected by the scanner, PO 116,PO 300s, PO 430, and no mechanic could even look at it. Last hope I took it to a expert, his first words get rid of this thing. I did and now happy is my middle name.

My Sweet Jag...
By scooterluv1 on 04/25/13 11:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! I purchased it used and for the most part, I loved it! I would buy another one and may do so in the near future...

A SOLID RELIABLE CAT
By str8cash on 10/17/12 03:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this x-type for 3 years and I bought it with 125,000 miles on it. I am the 2nd owner.It now has 160,000+ miles and still runs & looks like new. Only things I have had to do is oil changes and a new coolant tank ($129.00 ebay). This car was very well maintained by the original owner and that is key. She had all maint records and only major repair was new rear struts. Other items were normal wear items, brake pads, oil changes,tune up, coolant flush, tires, battery,etc. I have owned several Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, Acura, Cadillac, Mercedes vehicles and this is my favorite. AWD is fantastic. Car is now 10 yrs old & still gets looks. I would recommend this car without question.

Great Car for the Money
By jagmeister1 on 06/25/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2.5L automatic in June of 2010. When I first got the car there were some "gremlins" especially electrical that came and gone. In September the battery went. I was able to put a charge to it and when and got a OEM battery. Wow all the gremlins were gone. When I bought it it had 23046 miles and now June 2011 I turned 26000 miles. Except for the electrical gremlins I have no problems with the car until about a month ago. I have the optional HID self leveling headlights, no washers on the lights. The interior mechanism broke in both headlights, and they could no longer be adjusted. One pointed to space the other to the ground. Jaguar does not make replacement parts for these lights,.

Just Great
By keith on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 60K miles and now after just over 2 years have 144,000 miles. Only just replaced brakes, replaced radiator overflow tank and put in new plugs at 100K. Have done nothing else. Gas mileage is great. Paid $10K and get offers for $7-8K all the time. Most people think it is a 20K+ car. Great for road trips. Handles great in all areas. I expect to easily get another 100K miles out of this car.

Not sure yet
By Chris Parrilli on 05/12/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for two weeks and already put in &1,860.00. The dealer did a lousy job preping the car. I do love the look of the car I hope this is just a series of problems now solved. We will see

"She saved my life"
By specialT on 01/09/10 10:47 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Don't believe the critics. This baby was the safest, smartest, high performance car that just "growled" to be driven. Had her for a total of 6 yrs goin on 7. May have lost her for good b/c she took the tree; not me. Had her out in the snow 1st and only time,hit ice, hit tree. Sprained left hand, bump and bruise on rt knee. Airbag deployed, but no other bruises etc. hit head on, missed the jag on hood, headlights in tact. Radiator pushed in, motor to be assessed. ALOT of safety features deployed. Yet to have the adjuster take a look. 12-31- 09 so it's been 10 days. We'll know when we get the hood up. Either way, this girl was the best car I ever had (have). She won't even turn over.

Beautiful Cat
By Jagged edge on 12/28/09 21:02 PM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Jag a little over a year now, its power and handling is impressive. This Jag is as beautiful inside as it is on the outside. The 3.0 handles my heavy foot. At first I did not like the AWD till driving through a heavy snow and I was then glad to have it. People who see it look then look again, and I can't help but smile and say "yes its a Jag".

Buy new every four years
By X owner on 10/27/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Jag used with 12,000 miles. Dealer gave us two new tires. At 22,000 had to replace all 4, this was with proper rotation schedule. Needed brakes every 30,000. It has always hated cold weather even though it was garage kept. Major hose repairs at 30,000. New battery at 60,000. Key fob still unlocks, up close. Driver door lock system had to be replaced. Drivers door panel fell off due to broken clips, twice! Not to mention the constant repair of the passenger side defroster vent so it would not rattle. Also found rust starting on hood, almost one year after rust warranty has ended. Have 78,000 miles. The engine light is on again. Trading this week. What a relief! Kept 'cause no payment.

Life Long Buick Man
By Life long Buick Man on 05/05/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After toying for many years with the idea of "upgrading", I couldn't get excited about anything but a Jaguar. The interior is soothingly comfortable and the exterior is exciting. This car is the smoothest, quietest car I've ever owned and the 2.5 motor will have me collecting speeding tickets if I'm not careful. I get 26 mpg around town and still look for opportunities to just get out and drive. I'm 6-2 but the interior fits me fine. I love the looks and comments I get and that it looks more expensive then it is. I can't imagine ever needing more then this - "Baby Jag" delivers!