2003 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Big mistake for my money.
By nomorejags14 on 09/01/13 22:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it for my wife, even so it was used for only three years, after a week the radio screen stop working, not long the wheels bent(all four). Check engine light came on, cat converter 2, after replacing twice the light stills on, then all codes possibles were detected by the scanner, PO 116,PO 300s, PO 430, and no mechanic could even look at it. Last hope I took it to a expert, his first words get rid of this thing. I did and now happy is my middle name.

My Sweet Jag...
By scooterluv1 on 04/25/13 11:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! I purchased it used and for the most part, I loved it! I would buy another one and may do so in the near future...

A SOLID RELIABLE CAT
By str8cash on 10/17/12 03:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this x-type for 3 years and I bought it with 125,000 miles on it. I am the 2nd owner.It now has 160,000+ miles and still runs & looks like new. Only things I have had to do is oil changes and a new coolant tank ($129.00 ebay). This car was very well maintained by the original owner and that is key. She had all maint records and only major repair was new rear struts. Other items were normal wear items, brake pads, oil changes,tune up, coolant flush, tires, battery,etc. I have owned several Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, Acura, Cadillac, Mercedes vehicles and this is my favorite. AWD is fantastic. Car is now 10 yrs old & still gets looks. I would recommend this car without question.

Not sure yet
By Chris Parrilli on 05/12/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for two weeks and already put in &1,860.00. The dealer did a lousy job preping the car. I do love the look of the car I hope this is just a series of problems now solved. We will see

Beautiful Cat
By Jagged edge on 12/28/09 21:02 PM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Jag a little over a year now, its power and handling is impressive. This Jag is as beautiful inside as it is on the outside. The 3.0 handles my heavy foot. At first I did not like the AWD till driving through a heavy snow and I was then glad to have it. People who see it look then look again, and I can't help but smile and say "yes its a Jag".

A nice car that I love to keep
By Hank on 07/21/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has meant several things to me: Nice looks, decent power (3 liter), all wheel drive (AWD) versatility and of course, the Jaguar brand name. It feels great when friends and strangers recognize the brand and make positive comments about its looks. This is my 5th year of ownership and I still like its looks and feel. I liked it so much I decided to not trade it in when I recently bought a new car. The 3 liter engine feels strong and satisfying in most situations although the automatic transmission loses a second or two when downshifting in sudden acceleration. It makes up for this in smooth operation when needing to pass. Last but not least, the AWD feature has been great in snow/ice.

Worth the extra HP
By Neil McFarlane on 11/05/07 09:15 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Tried the 2.5L SE and was surprised at the lack of pull, lots of gutsy noise but no real grunt. Then tried the 3.0L, the difference is remarkable as soon as you turn the key. Much gruntier sound, loads more wellie and some effective top end traction. Fuel consumption isn't that much more, but early days yet. If you're still deciding, go for the 3L, you won't regret it.

Kudos to X-Type
By b. dandar on 08/03/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying the X-Type I used to drive an XJ8. Although I love the style and ride of the XJ8, I always felt that the XJ8 was too much car for me (I am 5' tall and petite). The X-Type is a glove fit for me and I am so pleased that I made the change. My husband who has an XR series, was firmly against the X-Type predicting a litany of problems, etc. Happily, I have had no problems. The X-Type is sporty and stylish with many of the interior features of the XJ8. The trunk space is much larger than in the XJ8 and the rear seats fold down with minimal effort if more space is needed. I feel so connected with my car and I'll be in the market again within the next two years for another X-Type!

X-Type 3.0 2003 Review
By JDR on 07/23/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with this car. Purchased in 2006 in near immaculate condition. Ride, look, comfort are wonderful. The used price was amazing (with many extras from the dealership - shopping around and being prepared was very useful).

Fun and Style
By Cancunense on 07/22/06 04:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lets face it...! the type of car you drive reflects who you are. There is no way to have more fun and style than driving a gorgeous Jaguar... at least at this price range :) Love the way it sounds and the fast response from a 3.0 brisk engine. Interior is well balanced with leather and wood trimmings.

1 2 3 4 5 next »