Real Estate Machine
By David J. on
2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I bought an 02 X-Type. I had upgraded from a 97 Cad STS. What a different car. I feel the Jag is more refined while remaining sporty. The all wheel drive is a must for the Colorado winters. In fact the X-Type is so good in the snow that I feel no need to purchase a SUV. The car has a few quirks like the turn signals won't turn off unless you make a full turn. I also wish the car had more driver leg room since I am 6'2". Overall though I have to say that when I went to the dealer I was going to buy a BMW or Audi. I had such a bad attitude about the old Jags and their lack of reliability I didn't even want to test drive it. Once I drove it I immediately bought it and will drive nothing else.
Favorite Features
Quality, driveability, AWD, performance, refinement. This car is a status symbol. Everyone thinks I dropped 60k on it and keep the mechanic in good funds. The car is reliable.
Suggested Improvements
Make the turn signal shut off at a quarter turn and I believe that the new ones have this but add 2nd cup holder. So many people rip on the one cup holder and dub the car as the selfish egocentric driver's car.