2002 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Review: Amazing car for the price

2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Review

3.0 Sedan (3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Amazing car for the price
By disguay on

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my jaguar x-type (sport, lowered, 3.0, manual) for about 8 months and 12k miles. I have never been let down once with this car (even with 120k miles,) although other reviewers will say different. The only trick with this car is that it doesn't like to be abused. If you keep everything maintained via recommendations on forums and not the dealership, everything will continue to run smoothly.

Everyone says they love the looks they get from being in this car, but I love the awd! Living in Colorado and being an avid skier, I will cross the continental divide about 15-30 times per year. Many of those times is in about a foot or so of snow which hasn't been plowed. With this car, I consistently feel safe and have been saved from sliding off of the road many times from the incredible stability control.

Never, ever trust Jaguar's "sealed for life" campaign. It will kill your transfer case, differentials, and transmission!