2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
A lot of car and style for the price
By mattklu on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I looked at the C class Mercedes, the Audi A4, and the BMW 3 series and for the price the X type is by far the best value. Throw in all-wheel drive and it was a done deal. The car looks great, handles well, has excellent braking and rides very smooth while touring on the highway.

2002 Jaguar X-Type
By Bloyd on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the exterior styling, the performance and the comfort. The navigation system is a real winner for guiding you to your destination as well as finding cafe, hotels, etc., along the way. The xenon headlamps, promimity waring system, and rain sensing wipers are nice touches. The Alpine stero can simply blow you away. Although I have dual bike racks for my X-Type (evidently rare for Jaguars), I've never used them. The only negative has been a couple of logic chips that have had to be re- programmed. And the navigation system bumps the exterior temperature LCD to a place that's difficult to read. The Jaguar service has been fantastic.

Excellent experience overall
By ckshep on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2002 over a year now. Overall it's been excellent, improving with age, and very solid on the road. A few minor issues that were cleared up in no time at the dealer, just trivial things as with any new car. Car is wonderful to drive, with the 5 spd manual and sport package, has plenty of power for everyday use and feels very solid. Wonderful for long distance trips. Gas mileage has gotten way better over time, from the low 20s to the high 20s by now, almost 30. The upgraded audio package is great. Overall ownership has been wonderful.

Outstanding value and gorgeous!
By PRSchwob on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A beautiful car which is a joy to drive. I may exchange it for the 3.0 liter model though as the 2.5 is a bit shy for this rather heavy car. What is most impressive is the road handling. It hugs the asphalt like a racing car and it's 4x4 drive train is outstanding in any weather.

Great Sport !!!!!!!!!!
By frw on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Solid car. Can't beat the smell and feel of Conolly Leather. This car always draws rave reviews from passengers and bystanders.Paint job is unsurpassed-flawless.Always looks fantastic.Ride is quiet and smooth. Accelerates like a rocket and handles like glued to the road. Winter snow and ice were a pleasant experience for the AWD.Traction is quite sure footed

The Editor's Don't Get It
By Noel cab on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent all around vehicle. Will outclass, outrun, outperform the German cars in its class in any road condition, any weather. I know. I have two other German marques that are useless with the slight pour of rain or snow. Not for the masses. Purrfect car for the Northeast. I really don't care what editors say. Excellent dealer service too.

Possible lemon
By been x'd on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Within 12,000 miles the transmission went. I had to be towed via flatbed truck after only 14 months of ownership. The car never had any pep. Now it needs a totally new transmission at 12,000 miles. I should have stayed with the Camry.

Love my Jag!
By walt_beth on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Jaguar and I love it more and more each day. The car is very luxurious, moreso than the bmw, lexus and mercedes we test drove. So far no, problems, but we are worried about the reliability after reading the edmunds report.

Love my Kitty
By ericburford on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would recommend the X-Type for those of use who want a Jag, but don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, and want a sporty car. I wouldn't recommend it for the large family, but for a couple with a baby/child, this is perfect. Note that the back seat can accomodate rear facing baby seats, unlike BMWs of higher grades!

lemon
By lemon on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car was in the shop for 10 mechanical defects, trans, compressor, drive shaft, power steering rack, steering column. Vent grids came off, headlight washers came off. The dealer tells me they are swamped with this car for repairs. It was bought back by Jag. BEWARE!!!!!