2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Fun car but uncomfortable
By Junaid on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Good for the price. Good nav.

It's the little things!
By gar on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Over all it's a good car but it's the little things that bug me. After a recall service there was a rattle in the dash. Serviced it twice and it wont go away. Same thing with wheel noise. Sounds like backing plattes for brakes. The chrome door handles here in sunny Florida get too hot after a few hours in the sun. Oh, please get rid of the sliding arm rest. I also have trouble reading the odometer in bright sun behind the car. Even in normal circumstances I find it hard to read when wearing sun glasses, which is most of the time in S. Florida. I'd trade it in over these annoying little things but the resale is not in favor of that move.

The Awesome Cat
By great kitty on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Jaguar did it right. In a pool full of Mercedes and BMWs, Jaguar really stands out as one of most gorgeous cars on the road today. I have driven Mercedes and BMW and nothing feels like a Jaguar. I was never able to afford a Jaguar until now, and I Love it so much. The old rumor of Jaguars always being in the shop is not true now. The car rides great, handles wonderful and is simply a delight to look at the interior. the five speed transmission is also great.

You Bought a What??
By David Rosenberg on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

ed During the few months that I've owned the Jaguar X-Type, to say "Pleasantly surprised" would be my first reaction. Coming from the Honda Accord, I would say it would be the same as coming from a Cadilliac to a Rolls Royce. Being some what of a car buff, I knew of the troubles Jaguar had had and faced in the past. The car is luxurious yet functional.A smooth ride but, can be knocked around without you feeling it. I can't wait for the first Snow fall, to experience the AWD in a luxury automobile.

Fun Car but has some problems
By jgwebwoman on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! However, when we purchased our car (used) the check engine light came on in the first few days. Over the course of 6 weeks the light went on and off and the service station didn't know why and could only reset it. Also, the driver side door handle is poorly designed. If you don't lift up on it just right it won't release the latch so you can open the door. It is very frustrating. Also the boot open indicator occasionally comes on when driving down the highway, but goes back off shortly. Overall though I'm extremely pleased with the car and still feel happy every time I get in to start her up!

Finally a Jag for the Snow belt
By sjp1 on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

For years I have driven Jaguars and Have dreaded winter. Despite the low gear lock out I still had difficulties in winter. When I brought my last Jag in for routine service, my sales person, knowing where I live showed me a x type and asked me if I would like to try it out. When we came back I did not want to give back the keys.It has all the pleasures of the other models,but also has the handling for my climate in Northern New York, where snow can last in to mid may. I had some unusual things happen, a stress crack in the windscreen, and I needed a new program chip for my navigation system. All fixed and in a timely manor,Thank you Jaguar.

Jaguar--Never again
By ALEX on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had to trade it in for a Lexus after it had spent almost a month out of 12 month in service department. (transmission failed, electronics, engine failed).

Quite worth a test drive !!!!!!!! ;)
By RJD on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 2002 X-type is off white/creme. People comment on it every time I drive it. It is the 2.5 with a 5 speed. Only option was the indash cd player. I purchased the car for under $29k. I'm not into gadgets. I wanted a drivers car. This car is most certainly in the top for handling/mileage/aesthetics. Nothing else looks like it on the road but other jags. Interior is quite nice. I added a full wood trim kit, which really improved the feel inside. Beautiful. AWD in my state is essential. The engine is designed to run at high RPM'S. It is quite enjoyable to rev this car to 6000k RPM.very cool.

People love to hate Jaguar.
By benn0019 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

People love to hate Jaguar. You hear it all the time...."They are not well built cars, it is just a glamorized Taurus, and it must be pretty stripped down for that price." The truth is the car is absolutely beautiful and a pleasure to drive. I have had my car for 2 years now and nothing has gone wrong. The car has only been to the shop for its scheduled services and with the free maintenance plan, I haven't had to pay for anything other than gas. Drive the car, buy the car. You will be glad you did.

Never Buy the First Year
By Robert Dahowski on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a lemon. You should never buy a car the first year out. The car has had tons or re-calls and is always in the shop. The car does not have much power from the get go.