2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Love this car
By Dee on 08/14/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it. Bought it the following week. I am sure that the dealer knew what he was doing as he gave me the keys and said...take it for a drive, you know the area, right?.....wow, I loved the way it drove, looked, and the way I felt in it. I especially liked that it is a manual transmission. I have had it a year and a half now, and haven't had anything go wrong. I go in for regular tune- ups, and oil changes according to scheadule, as I drive about a 100 miles a day. I get really good gas milege 29 mpg, probably because of the manual. Have 84000 miles on it now and it drives like a dream. I would buy another Jag in a heartbeat. It is great!

X-Type Excels
By Benes on 08/11/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the X-Type for 3 years and it is a pleasure to drive. It is very confortable and handles beautifully. A real driving machine! There is a little hesitation when accelerating quickly; however, this is improved by not using high test gasoline.

Love the Car, hate the wheels
By JRHurley on 06/30/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I puchased this car to commute back and forth from work. Work is 100 miles away from my home. That means I am driving in it for at minimum 4 hours a day. It has to be comfortable and reliable. While I had a couple of issues which were promptly resolved by the dealer I have a major complaint with Jaguar. The 17" low profile rims that cam with the car should be recalled. I had replaced three of them before deciding to get aftermarked Jag 16" rims installed. Lost some performance but I can at least hit a pothole without having to buy another $500-$600 wheel

My 2002 X-Type
By Darren on 05/23/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had several frustrating "I hate this car!" growing pains initially, as it was the first model year. But after the first year and getting all the issues taken care of, no problems. Fantastic, solid, beautiful car...great value. And after 3 years it still catches people's eye. I get several comments on it.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By Ted Watson on 03/29/05 09:06 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in August of '02. The first week set the tone - it went back to the shop for a leaky oil cooler. Since then it has been in the shop 20+ times for a total of months and months. It the last year alone it has stranded me three times. You name it, its had it repaired/replaced - oil leaks (still), new front and rear suspension, radio, gauges replaced, computers, xeon headlights, door panels, cooling hoses, door latches (over and over), rattles,squeaks, etc, etc. My warranty is up in 4K miles, so I'm car shopping. However, I will never, ever, buy another Jaguar!!!!!

It's a good car; don't listen to haters
By dhard on 03/16/05 12:57 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2.5 sport since late 2002 and have loved it. Ok, it isn't the fastest car on the planet bu the 5 speed manual makes driving the 2.5 liter a heck of a lot of fun. The ESC is a must-have and keeps this AWD car in control in all conditions including the icy conditions here in the carolinas during winter. Let's be honest here....this car has had some issues but I must say that the local dealer has made service a real pleasure. They offer free loaner cars with all service (including the scheduled maintenance which includes oil changes). I am looking forward to purchasing the new 3.0 2005 sport model. Do not listen to the haters...this car is fantastic!

It's a good car; don't listen to haters
By dhard on 03/16/05 12:57 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2.5 sport since late 2002 and have loved it. Ok, it isn't the fastest car on the planet bu the 5 speed manual makes driving the 2.5 liter a heck of a lot of fun. The ESC is a must-have and keeps this AWD car in control in all conditions including the icy conditions here in the carolinas suring winter. Let's be honest here....this car has had some issues but I must say that the local dealer has made service a real pleasure. They offer free loaner cars with all service (including the scheduled maintenance which includes oil changes). I am looking forward to purchasing the new 3.0 2005 sport model. Do not listen to the haters...this car is fantastic!

Very Pleased So Far
By kvlou on 01/24/05 14:00 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm coming up on my lease. I've decided to purchase the vehicle (after receiving a hefty incentive to do so). I've not experienced many service issues at all. The minor ones I have had (moon roof, parking brake, etc.) were all covered by Jaguar. My dealer service experience has been excellent.

Glad I didnt take the bad reviews to heart
By JJMO on 11/14/04 02:14 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading several bad reviews I decided to give it a try, as my Lincoln LS was given bad reviews and I loved it. I have owned this car 1 week and it is great! I do know the transmission takes some getting used to but if you can get used to it, this car is very nice. I loved my LS but let me tell you this car is all its cracked out to be and more! I love it and recommend anyone who really enjoys a luxury sports sedan to give it a try. Yes its not a perfect 10 but it's very darn close. My desciption "FUN AND CLASSY"!!! Very nice car and the AWD is just a bonus.

Visit Repair Shop Monthly
By DarnJag on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had my jag for 3 months, and within the 1st week, the driver door lock failed allowing me no access. Never use the emergency brake. dont even touch it, because you will have a annoying loud clunking under the car for about 2 days until it wiggles it way back into place. Dont expect your car to start either. Fuel pump replaced at 29000 miles. Many other problems, seats recline on own when away from car, air bag failure light comes on and off. Wiper hoses dissconnect, seat stablizers loosen easily, crome worn out before 30,000. Still cant figure out how to get vent feature on a/c system.I'm selling at 32,000 before i cant get my money back.