Used 2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

This Jag is Sassy
By SJLEE

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this entry level Jaguar. It goes!! I can't believe that there are bad reviews about this vehicle. I would like to read them . I will say that very large people would fine it small for them inside. I like the sporty fit.

Favorite Features

AWD, great excelleration, sexy body inside and out

Suggested Improvements

Possibly a convertible model

X-type 3.0 5 speed only way 2 go in x-
By peter rohn

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only reasons I bought this car was 5 speed manual, 4 wheel drive, back seats go down,30mls per gallon on hwy.6.6secs 0-60.Car looks good and handles great also.Snowboards,skis,dog, hockey equipment goes in back with seats down.Car is great in the snow.The car is at home at the soccer field,grocery store, ski trip to the snowy mountains,fun to drive,but so refined to visit a client or take your significant other to the best shows and restaurants in town.Navigation touch screen a must.Problems: fuel pump went they fixed right away , Front driver seat rocks a little. Otherwise very happy.

Favorite Features

see above

Suggested Improvements

R series in a 6 speed transmission 0-60 in under 5 seconds. MEEEOOOOOOOOOW

Worth every penny.
By Mainekayaker

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2.5 with the sport package. The car is great! It is simply a pleasure to drive. The interior is nicer than my brothers BMW 3 series. Trunk space is amazing for a car this size. It just is a great car in every detail.

Favorite Features

5 speed manual transmission is fantastic. All Wheel drive - I live in Winterport Maine - trust me when I say this car can tackle anything winter will throw at it. Overall look of the car is gorgeous including leaper on hood.

Suggested Improvements

2 Cup holders please! Keyless entry wont let you lock doors until all doors are closed.

Jag, baby, yea!!!..This cat roars!
By TAS

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I always wanted to own a Jag and it has been a dream come true. I test drove the 3 series BMW, and Audi 4, Mercedes C320 basically all the models in the price range and the interior was nothing to compare against the Jag.The car is excellent. I guess you can always be unlucky and get a lemon with any make of car, like some of the reviews here have been. Well worth checking this car out if you are buying a car in the 29k to 35k dollar range.Everyone will think you purchased a $50k plus car. Let them!!

Favorite Features

exterior and interior looks, drive,braking, AWD, leather and wood features, space particularly in the boot (trunk), power, etc,etc, etc,

Suggested Improvements

Yes we need an extra cup holder up front, and a navagtion system would be nice.

Dream car Nightmare Jaguar X type
By Sonya H

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My dream car has had multiple problems. Had to have a new driver door latch - could not open door from outside at all; trunk latch malfunctions consistently; gear box fault light comes on frequently and the service department can't seem to figure out if it's a computer glitch or mechanical problem; engine light has also come on. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone!!!!!

Favorite Features

It's look is deceiving as to it's overall quality

Suggested Improvements

Purchase a second car to have handy while the X is in the shop!