2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
My X-type
By Celtic on 03/05/02 23:52 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The more I drive The x-type, the more I love it. I wanted a sports/luxury car. Very nicely appointed, handles excellent full of safty features and 4 wheel drive. I was disappointed to see the the reviews. The noise in the cabin is not overwhelming I think its ads to the sportiness of the ride the interior is absolutely perfect. Jaguar sales and service have been great so far.

0 For 2
By totallydissappointed on 03/04/02 17:04 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the x-type with high expectations. Boy was I dissappointed! The car that I bought gave me a "Gear Box Fault" to which there was no explanation in the manual. Took the car to be serviced and was given another x-type as a loaner. That was over a month and a half ago! Oh yeah, did I mention that the loaner car just gave me a "Gear Box Fault". This was not to mention that my car had already been serviced twice for the moonroof and once for poor weather stripping.

Driving Xcellence
By Sammit on 03/04/02 16:28 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This Jag is the perfect blend of luxury, sport, and family practicality. It is art on wheels and you don't see one around every corner like a BMW or MB. Don't listen to the reviews that complain about its relationship to Ford. This car is pure Jaguar. It looks and feels like a $50,000 car, but lay off the options and it won't cost you any more than the SUVs and minivans your friends are buying!

Love My Jaguar
By choose2run on 03/03/02 14:56 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

X-Type, 3.0, X1 Premium, Alpine Stereo. I have had my Jaguar for two weeks now and have had nothing but great experiences. Initially I was reluctant to purchase the X-Type because of the negative comments but I am glad I did. It accelerates well, corners tightly, and definately catches everyone's attention. I was considering the Audi A6, Volvo S60, and Saab 9-5 which were all very nice, but had to go with the Jaguar for it's individuality.

LEMON
By LemonJag on 03/02/02 03:23 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Leased this vehicle hoping that Jaguar has improved the build quality with the assurance that I would be able to give the car back in 3 years if I was unsatisfied. Unfortunately... or Fortunately... mine was a lemon! Returning the Vehicle after only 6 months!!!

Beautiful, powerful cat
By jsecada on 03/01/02 22:07 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

4000 miles without absolutely any problems. Handles beautifully on all terrain and weather (better than Imprezza); at 3000rpms+ lot of smooth power. Manual transmission works perfectly. Spacious, very comfortable interior. Huge trunk. Great audio. Complaints about being "spartan" "plastic" are ludicrous (less so than Mercedes or BMWs). Classic, beautifully designed car. Dealership service excellent, first-rate. Best experience ever buying a car.

X-Type Jaguar Meets Expectations
By Pete E. Cammarata on 03/01/02 17:44 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Rides like a dream. Brakes are excellent. Corners great. I have the small engine,(2.5)so I didn't expect spectacular 0-60 stats. Navigation system works superbly. Really happy with the Baby-J.

Very Pleased
By Steve717 on 02/26/02 19:56 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Will keep this short & sweet. Build quality is great, performace is more than adequate. It's a fun car to drive with just enough mix of luxury and sportiness to make it interesting. Would highly recommend.

X-Type Rates 5 out of 5
By Dedalus Again on 02/08/02 12:23 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

For some reason, my review of the X-Type ("Edmunds Got a Lemon", 1/29/02)was listed as giving the car a 2 rating. I'm not sure how that happened, but it must've been a mistake, since I love the car. Hopefully, this follow-up review will clear things up. The X-Type deserves a 5 rating! (I noticed the same thing about some other reviews, such as "X-Type is an Excellent Car" and "Best in Class". I'm sure those reviewers felt the car deserved better than a 2 rating, as well.)

All I hoped for and more
By Jonty12 on 02/06/02 23:39 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The build quality in my X-Type is excellent. No squeaks or rattles, nothing broken. The car’s a blast to drive. More fun than my Eclipse GSX. Smooth manual transmission allows for great acceleration and passing speed. Fantastic cornering ability. The ride is so quiet you don't realize how fast you're going (100 mph sneaks up). You aren’t jarred by every bump like you are in some of the competition. The sound system is superb, and the navigation system is first rate. I'm very pleased.