Used 2002 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

X 2.5 Sport
By JS

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've put over 27k on my 2.5 X-type sport and have had few problems. Typical windshield jet seeping and trunk popper button are the only things I've run across. Drove this through a huge snow storm in NY (from Boston to Detroit) and was blowing by SUV's. This car grips the road like none other and is a blast in the corners. 2.5 could use a little more kick, but w/ a 5 speed manual/Sport Pkg. it's still a blast to drive. Great looks and awesome in the Michigan winters....wish I had opted for the heated seats though!

AWD, Handling, Front Looks...

2.5L underpowered a bit, Trunk CD changer is antiquated, rear end is blah...

Are The Edmunds Reviewers for Real
By RonDC

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I completely love this car. From the styling to the leather interior, this is far better than the BMW 3 or the MB C Class. The trunk space is awesome. Drove the sport package and did not purchase it as it seemed to make a lot of noise. The non-sport package is just fine. The AWD is spectacular. Edmunds reviewers need to look at the posts to see how happy people really are with this vehicle. Did I mention the head-turns of other drivers when they see the styling?

AWD, the hood leaper and the leather appointments. Seems like they worked out the kinks from the '02 models.

Latches such as the trunk and the gas cap are cheap. The instrument panel is difficult to get used to.

BWM's X-Type
By bwm

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a high milage driver and I have enjoyed my X-Type from the start. Fun to drive and great styling mane for a great vehicle. Basicly I have all os the options, except the phone, my favorite is the DVD navigation system which with the amount of driving I do comes in very handy and almost always works extremely well.

ALOT OF WOW FOR A LITTLE CASH!
By mrrealestate2000

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have now owned my Jag for over a year and am satisfied with my decision. I've owned Acura, BMW and Mercedes. This is my first Jag and I'm a convert. I've had no problems with the exception of a seal on the washer fluid jet that would allow fluid to seep out when I exceeded 65 mph. Dealer fixed it with no problems. I had my last Benz in the shop all the time. Turns more heads that a Benz or Bimmer. I wish the gas milage was better but considering it is AWD its better than any SUV and it will take me any where I need to go. 2003 models lowered the base price. It a bargin for its class. I definitely recommend this car.

Alpine sound system, the looks at night with fog lights on. BIG TRUNK WITH PASS THROUGH.

An extra cup holder for the front seat occupants.

Great Car
By Union Jack

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT CAR GREAT PRICE BUT WOULD BE HESITANT TO PURCHASE AT END OF LEASE DUE TO UNKNOWN FUTURE RELIABILTIY