2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Best buy, best car
By vg on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

No words to describe just feeling as you drive.....

A Great Road Car
By DAH on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The people that don't like this car must be people that have not drive this car more than around the block. It has great handling, acceleration and a soul. It is not refined like a Toyota Lexus, but it also doesn't look butt ugly like one either.

Jaguar vs Volvo
By lanmare on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a Volvo owner for over twenty years. I read about the X-type the day after Christmas. Stopped by the dealership and did a test drive. Bought the car on the spot. I love the way it hugs the road and negotiates mountain roads. Gas mileage is the same as I was getting on my newest Volvo. Folks at the dealership were great to me. They are very customer orientated. I like that.

Why would you want this car?
By Jgrnaut on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The name Jaguar conjures up images of refined elegance and bold styling. After driving the X-Type, the words Jaguar and “refined elegance” seems to fit together like Shaq in a Mazda Miata. When you sit in the cockpit, you understand why it is priced so cheap (for a Jaguar.) I think there was a shortage of quality leather when the car was built because most of the surroundings were made of plastic, high quality plastic I’m sure, but never the less plastic. Once I stepped on the gas it seemed like I had 4 sumo-wrestlers in the back and a few in the trunk. On the good side, the key is really neat and it has that cool leaping jaguar on the hood.

X-Type, A Great Breed of New Cat
By sagestrike on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great little preformer. Handles like a sports car but is comfortable enough to compete as a luxury car. It is a large departure from other Jaguar models. This one should be considered if you are looking at competing models from Audi, BMW or Mercedes. You won't be disappointed.

I highly recommend this car
By Scott Simpson on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am for a car shopping for a month now. I considered MB C240, Audi A4 3.0, BMW 325i, Lexus ES 300, and Jaguar X-type 2.5. And the winner was Jaguar. Excellent interior quality and design, awesome handling, acceleration, low noise and precise road stability. Audi was underpowered and noisy. MB had so cheap interior so I even refused test drive. BMW lacked in interior design. And Lexus was too small, underpowered and colored in as a parrot.

X-TYPE BEST SERIES BETWEEN BMW,BENZ
By MARCO PIMENTEL on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

ITS THE BEST CAR FOR THE PRICE.

Edmunds is WAY OFF!
By coolycat on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car drives like a dream...Edmunds puts it down like a hot potato and I can't understand why...they seem to be in love with BMW 3's (which I used to drive) and can't get over them (geez)...anyways...drive one yourself...if you dig driving the streets like a rocket, then go for the BMW...if you like a sporty, great handling, powerful, classy, CAR (ie., ages from 30-65), then drive the Jaguar...

Excellent
By Blake on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2001 Lincoln LS for this Jag. Overall I'am very happy with it. The Jag dealership cannot compare to the excellent customer service to the Lincoln one though. My impression was that they are kinda snobby, and they looked at me kinda funny as I assume they don't think a 25 year old can afford a jag. 2 hours later I drove off the lot with one.

Love the baby Jag
By Nashman1975 on 03/18/02 15:30 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fantastic car--picked it over the Merc and BMW. Everyone i show loves it. My father now wants to buy one. The interior is fantastic for the price. Few hiccups to date--leaking windshield sprayer, out of alignment on delivery, noisy driveshaft (apparently people have these problems with this car--all were fixed under warranty, driveshaft still slightly noisy during cold.)