2002 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews 15

2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
It's Nice Being the New Kid on the Block
By Meow Mix on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my X-Type 3.0 Sport 2/02 and had problems including driveshaft whining, leaky washers, and "rocking" seats. New vehicles regardless of manufacturer often have minor hiccups within the first couple thousand miles. What it boils down to is your local dealer and their service department. Mine fixed all problems quickly the first time. I would rather be driving a car that is different and in my opinion, more fun, than all those Audi's and BMW's out there. I've ridden in plenty A4's, S4's, A6's and 3 series, and although they are still "fun", the novelty just isn't there. BTW, my friend has burned 2 turbo's on his S4 and another's new A4 3.0 bounces like a pogo stick on the freeway.

Enjoy it every day
By C.O. on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had my jag for 4 months and I still give it second glances every time I see it. Drives like a sports car, but has the refined look that only a jag can have.

Baby, it's cold outside
By etherjag on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my new jag. Having come up from a taurus sho, it handles better, has better performance and is a joy. My biggest complaint however, is the 'low outside temperature' message that comes on each and every time I turn on the car, and won't go away until I hit reset. For goodness sake, I live in Michigan, I know it's cold in January.

Fun to Drive
By RJB13 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle was the second one that I ordered. The first one had the sport suspension and 17 inch wheels. I felt there was too much noise and vibration from the combination and opted to reorder. I bought the non sport version, 5 speed, it is a lot of fun to drive and significantly more comfortable. This car is awesome. The car handles great through backroads and tight turns and did great in the snow storms. A friend who has taken high speed driving and handling courses for work drove it and couldn't believe the grip the AWD had on the road at the speeds we cornered. Over all, I'm very satisfied.

Jaguar X-Type: Long and Short
By JagDude on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Disagree with Edmunds review of the new X-Type Jag. Edmunds got a lemon. There are some caveats and no car is perfect. I had to have a driveshaft replaced in under 500 miles, and a headlame as well, but the auto now works well and is great fun to drive. Much prefer my BabyJag to BMW, Mercedes, or Lexus.

Fun Jag
By fs on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with my x-type started out poor with my Jag locked away in the shop for two weeks because of sound coming from Drive shaft. What we all found out was the prop shaft has bearings that were exposed to salt air which caused the vechile to make a loud noise when reving about 2500 RPM in cold weather. The problem was fixed and the car rides great,it has a growl with the dual exhaust,but the car is quick. The exterior look it great,and it rides like a true sports car with the AWD their is a degree of confidence. I would recommend the all weather package and Premium package for those areas that need it. I love driving the car and would buy it again.

WOW!!!
By Vagabond on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

God! How much do I love this car! I had been looking and test driving cars since October of 2001. I test drove the BMW, the Acura, the Benz, the Audi, the Cadillac CTS, the Saab. But none of them as great as the X-type. I thought that the BMW was too small, the Acura was just ok, the Benz was pathetic and the Saab was too expensive. The guy at the Cadillac dealership was one with really bad attitude, while the only problem with the Audi was it was smaller. I settled on the Jag because of it offering most of the features that I wanted. Boy! It drives like a dream. I really don't know what the editorial reviewer was thinking, but this car definitely rates in the high 9s.

Edmunds is all wet on this Jag!!
By wrkout on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Edmunds got it all wrong on its review of the X type. This is my first Jag. After two BMWs, this car rides as well if not better than my former 5 and 3 series cars. It handles great and it clearly gets the looks and great comments that BMW never did. Most importantly, in the first 100 miles of the car, I was nearly in an accident. It responded perfectly. So far, I couldn't be happier. It's a joy to drive. The dealership in the Pittsburgh area was first rate too.

New Jag Seems Great (so far)
By JJL635 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this new baby Jag the end of last month. So far, it seems to be quite satisfing. My only complaint is the sloppy transmission. I had a 1998 Jaguar XJ8 (the big 4-door model), and it had the dame tansmission problem. Overlooking that fact however, the car seems to drive and run beautifully. Last night, however, something rather strange occured. When I got in to the car, I wanted to put up the sunroof, and it was going all haywire...The part of the button to move it back wouldn't work, and the up part was all confused, moving back and fourth...today its working fine. Strange. Overall, though, a great effort from Jag.

Loving the Adriatic Blue 3.0
By BabyJagOwner on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought the 3.0 model and have put 2000 miles on the car already. So far the car has been flawless. I haven't had the whining drivetrain problem that others have experienced. This car gets looks wherever I go. I recently drove it home on an icy michigan night when other cars (about 20)were in the ditch my AWD jag just kept on going and got me home safe and sound. I absolutely recommend this car to anyone lookin for a classy and practical car.