Used 2002 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

A lot of car and style for the price
By mattklu

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I looked at the C class Mercedes, the Audi A4, and the BMW 3 series and for the price the X type is by far the best value. Throw in all-wheel drive and it was a done deal. The car looks great, handles well, has excellent braking and rides very smooth while touring on the highway.

all-wheel drive style

$1800 to install the Jaguar cell phone. To add insult to injury, it's an outdated Motorola phone. A better sound system would be appropriate.

2002 Jaguar X-Type
By Bloyd

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the exterior styling, the performance and the comfort. The navigation system is a real winner for guiding you to your destination as well as finding cafe, hotels, etc., along the way. The xenon headlamps, promimity waring system, and rain sensing wipers are nice touches. The Alpine stero can simply blow you away. Although I have dual bike racks for my X-Type (evidently rare for Jaguars), I've never used them. The only negative has been a couple of logic chips that have had to be re- programmed. And the navigation system bumps the exterior temperature LCD to a place that's difficult to read. The Jaguar service has been fantastic.

The all-wheel-drive was the reason I first looked at the X-Type. I can report that I've traveled on icy roads on the car that I would never have attempted in any other car I've driven. The AWD is all that it's hyped to be.

A better location for the time/temperature LCD (with navigation system). Also, my X-Type was too early for XM radio - - a feature I would really like to have. I also miss the dual temperature controls I've had on previous cars. The back seat needs a place to plug in a laptop.

Excellent experience overall
By ckshep

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2002 over a year now. Overall it's been excellent, improving with age, and very solid on the road. A few minor issues that were cleared up in no time at the dealer, just trivial things as with any new car. Car is wonderful to drive, with the 5 spd manual and sport package, has plenty of power for everyday use and feels very solid. Wonderful for long distance trips. Gas mileage has gotten way better over time, from the low 20s to the high 20s by now, almost 30. The upgraded audio package is great. Overall ownership has been wonderful.

Interior look, feel, and smell. Exterior styling. Definite "oooo" and "ahhh" factor. Very solid ride, manual is great, feels well connected with firmer ride of sport package.

Improve the gas mileage a touch, could improve radio reception. Would be nice to have an in-dash CD changer. No major complaints, lovely car.

Outstanding value and gorgeous!
By PRSchwob

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A beautiful car which is a joy to drive. I may exchange it for the 3.0 liter model though as the 2.5 is a bit shy for this rather heavy car. What is most impressive is the road handling. It hugs the asphalt like a racing car and it's 4x4 drive train is outstanding in any weather.

The design is outstanding. With the premium packages installed, I can't think of one thing missing in that car.

Only one: a tad more leg room for the backseats.

Great Sport !!!!!!!!!!
By frw

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Solid car. Can't beat the smell and feel of Conolly Leather. This car always draws rave reviews from passengers and bystanders.Paint job is unsurpassed-flawless.Always looks fantastic.Ride is quiet and smooth. Accelerates like a rocket and handles like glued to the road. Winter snow and ice were a pleasant experience for the AWD.Traction is quite sure footed

Looks and interior smell

Sell more 5 speeds. Imrove the base stereo or just offer premium sound system on all cars. Add more wood trim.