2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:
Love my X-Type.
By X-Type Owner on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful paint job. Fantastic steering. Great gearbox. The all-wheel drive system is fabulous - goes like hell in the rain and snow.

We love our Jag
By Al in NC on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nicest car we have ever owned. Dealer is great. Love the power and handling of the 3 liter, 5 speed. Seats very comfortable (I have lower back problems and can ride long periods in comfort). Ours is Phoenix red- get lots of looks and compliments. Test drove BMW 3 and 5 series, Volvo s60 and Jag was best. Exterior and interior are beatiful. Birds eye maple dash, sunroof and stereo controls on steering wheel are great. Love to see occasional poor reviews-keep this jewel a secret and not see a Jag at every light-like a BMW.

Safe fun
By grumps on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a safe car that was fun to drive. My 3.0 X-type is just that.

Fun to Drive
By Dallas on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a lot more fun to drive than I expected. The 3.0L five speed really takes off. Comfort is great, sound is even better. Top notch audio system.

Do you like your wallet?
By Style, not substance on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Then look elsewhere. Jaguar entices people with a low initial MSRP, but add anything that you feel a Jaguar should have and your in the high 30's. Interior is beautiful, probably finest in class. 2.5 engine is lacking but not abysmal. Ride is pleasant. Even if your budget allows for a fully loaded car, you're better off with a German nameplate if such things appeal to you, which it does just about everyone. I understand how the style convinces the buyer, but the reliability on long commutes would worry me a great deal. BMW does a much better job with value and quality. Just my impression based on extensive research and test drive.

Glad It's Mine!
By LoopyKC on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After a reveiw of Audi a4, VW Passat, Infiniti G35(horrible dealer experience) , Acura TL Type S,Volvo s60 and Lexus IS 300. The JAG was a more complete package with a more elegant persona that fit my wants.

FUN
By t. j. fields on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted a 5 speed car and when I took it for a test drive I fell in love with it. The all wheel drive feature makes it handle so well, rather like the Audi 4 (another choice). The price is great, although with a sun roof and 6 CD player it came to $37,500. The front view is beautiful, the back not so bad but the side view is pure Ford Taurus...but I live with it for the price and the way it drives. I see very few where I live but I think it is a little low end for the neighborhood...the S is getting popular here as well as the big ones. tj

I love this Cat and I am a dog man
By automan on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is simply excellent. It looks great, drives like a dream and is comfortable as well. The all wheel drive and optional sports shift (push a button) let you play formula 1 or old foggie driving. As the Army would say, be all you can be and drive this cat.

Very Pleased - Love it
By pleased_in_NY on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I looked at many other entry-level sport sedans...but the X-type just grabbed my eye. I love it's looks, it's exceptional. I have many complete strangers tell me it's a beautiful car. I love to drive it, the 5 speed manual is great fun. The alpine stereo is excellent. I love the interior styling and the way it handles on the road especially when revving the engine at 4000 to 6500 RPM's

Baby Jag
By Elaine on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2.5 I reallllly love the car.