Used 2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Great car for the money
By tarrid

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well !!!!! as with every car we review, we will find owners that hate and owners that love ther rides. My Jag is by no means perfect ( NO CAR IS ) but for a car under $5000 Look at what you get. Luxury!!!!!. Do your own oil changes. Your own break job. And if you cant. DONT take it to a dealership. Find a good indi shop. Buy your parts on e-bay. It will cost you just as much to repair as a Ford. (preventative maintanance) is what it is about. You will have a very reliable car with the Jaguar.

Handle great AWD. plenty of power. nice driving position. Heated seats. Sound system

not much room in the rear seats.

Well it is early, but what a deal
By ukxpat

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I was looking for AWD for the snow conditions we live in. Subaru, Honda, 100k miles 15 grand plus. I found a 2002 Jaguar AWD with 29k miles! 10 year old car looks brand new! Amazing 1/2 the price of them japanese cars! I drove it home on the curvey mtn roads and that auto/manual tranny, I never had to use the breaks! Got about 25 mpg fwy, and 19 mountain roads. I never expected to get an older vehicle that is like new!!!

Jag feature are my fav.

a bit road noisey, but I'm used to driving big cowboy cadilac deisal pu. I'm good size, and set in the back seet and was surprised that I fit. optical illusion said I wouldn't.

Amazing car for the price
By disguay

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my jaguar x-type (sport, lowered, 3.0, manual) for about 8 months and 12k miles. I have never been let down once with this car (even with 120k miles,) although other reviewers will say different. The only trick with this car is that it doesn't like to be abused. If you keep everything maintained via recommendations on forums and not the dealership, everything will continue to run smoothly.

Everyone says they love the looks they get from being in this car, but I love the awd! Living in Colorado and being an avid skier, I will cross the continental divide about 15-30 times per year. Many of those times is in about a foot or so of snow which hasn't been plowed. With this car, I consistently feel safe and have been saved from sliding off of the road many times from the incredible stability control.

Never, ever trust Jaguar's "sealed for life" campaign. It will kill your transfer case, differentials, and transmission!

Decent Entry Level Luxury Car
By ivanrothschild

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my X-Type for two years. It handles well. Not quick when accelerating until you get over 2500rpms. Handles fantastic in snow. I've had to rebuild one of the brake calipers. Every imaginable lightbulb has gone out (replaced easily and cheaply). Overall it is reliable, but not super comfortable on long trips. Gas mileage is so-so. It's a head-turner, but I quickly realized I'd like a car that rides smoother and handles better. Suspension feels stiff. Great deal for the money though minus some minor annoyances at times. When it's freshly cleaned, I do sit up straighter in my seat...It's a Jag, hardly anyone has one! Fit for a queen, affordable (if you buy used) for everyone.

All wheel drive, Burlwood on the dash(!!!), exterior design, handling

Quicker pickup, more comfortable seats

Student
By Student

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Jaguar x-type just hit 120,000 and still drives great! My dad purchased the car in 2005 and recently I purchased the car since I commute to school. The car drives well, and is extremely responsive. It's a very high performance car, and will perform to keep you safe. The interior is like riding in your living room. The car is very good in the snow. I have the FWD drive model, and while everyone else is skidding off the road, I am moving along with no problems. We are located in Ohio and I have driven on some nasty snow packed country roads with it, and it performed great. As a student who commutes, I needed a safe reliable car and Jaguar fits the bill.

The snow handling is great! I love the smoothness of the car at high speeds. The car still looks new, and is an eye catcher, but most importantly this is a very safe car, and feels solid! I feel very safe driving it in any condition.

The car only has one cup holder up front. The fuel economy is around 20 for city driving, that could be improved and the maintenance is EXPENSIVE! If you buy this car, budget for the high prices and maintenance parts. Parts don't fail often, but they they do, its expensive. The back seat is cramped.