Used 2002 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

2002 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

X type 2002 2.5 automatic
By Gary Puckett

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Happy with this beautiful car, handles & runs great, highly recommend it

Don't Buy an X-Type
By lo

2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Tons of electrical problems that are not easy to figure out or fix and transmission died at 115,000 miles. Interior is average and gas mileage isnt very good. Unacceptable.

Great car for the money
By tarrid

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well !!!!! as with every car we review, we will find owners that hate and owners that love ther rides. My Jag is by no means perfect ( NO CAR IS ) but for a car under $5000 Look at what you get. Luxury!!!!!. Do your own oil changes. Your own break job. And if you cant. DONT take it to a dealership. Find a good indi shop. Buy your parts on e-bay. It will cost you just as much to repair as a Ford. (preventative maintanance) is what it is about. You will have a very reliable car with the Jaguar.

Handle great AWD. plenty of power. nice driving position. Heated seats. Sound system

not much room in the rear seats.

Well it is early, but what a deal
By ukxpat

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I was looking for AWD for the snow conditions we live in.
Subaru, Honda, 100k miles 15 grand plus.
I found a 2002 Jaguar AWD with 29k miles!
10 year old car looks brand new!
Amazing 1/2 the price of them japanese cars!
I drove it home on the curvey mtn roads and that auto/manual tranny, I never had to use the breaks!
Got about 25 mpg fwy, and 19 mountain roads.
I never expected to get an older vehicle that is like new!!!

Jag feature are my fav.

a bit road noisey, but I'm used to driving big cowboy cadilac deisal pu. I'm good size, and set in the back seet and was surprised that I fit. optical illusion said I wouldn't.

Amazing car for the price
By disguay

2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my jaguar x-type (sport, lowered, 3.0, manual) for about 8 months and 12k miles. I have never been let down once with this car (even with 120k miles,) although other reviewers will say different. The only trick with this car is that it doesn't like to be abused. If you keep everything maintained via recommendations on forums and not the dealership, everything will continue to run smoothly.

Everyone says they love the looks they get from being in this car, but I love the awd! Living in Colorado and being an avid skier, I will cross the continental divide about 15-30 times per year. Many of those times is in about a foot or so of snow which hasn't been plowed. With this car, I consistently feel safe and have been saved from sliding off of the road many times from the incredible stability control.

Never, ever trust Jaguar's "sealed for life" campaign. It will kill your transfer case, differentials, and transmission!