Amazing car!
By jessrayo on
2006 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)
I have had my S-Type R for almost 2 years and I'm now putting the experience on the web for others to see. This is the best car I have ever owned. I now have 80,000 miles (purchased with 40K). This car is quiet, comfortable, and amazingly fast. I was concerned about reliability and maintenance so I specifically looked for a certified pre-owned car. I have had one trip to the dealership for a warranty claim in the 2 years I have owned the car, I have driven it hard. I'm kind of a speed junkie and nothing touches this car. I had to get a radar detector to keep from loosing my license. If you are not looking at the speedo you can't tell how fast you are going.
Favorite Features
Some cars get loose as the speed increases but this this thing doesn't seem to have any limit, no mater how fast you go it feels rock steady. The engine is awesome!
Suggested Improvements
The car is not good on ice or snow (I live in the south) we had record snowfall this year and I tried to take it out of the garage once, sport tires, RWD, 400hp and snow do not mix. If you live in the north at a minimum you will need snow tires. The car is also rather heavy if you try to throw it into a corner, it corners pretty well for the weight but you can tell it is a very heavy car.